cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMax

Community Veteran

DSLMax

Last Monday Feb 12th, I decided, at long last, to request being upgraded to 8MB DSLMax so I hit the upgrade button, received an acknowledgment email then read this in the My Questions area of Help and Support:

ID: 21307165: We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.

The following day I did put in a further request (ID: 21314432) saying:

I hope that when my upgrade to 8mb takes place it will be with BT. I really do not want to have Tiscali LLU as my provider. Can this be arranged?

I received an identical response but since then I have heard nothing. Is this normal? How long before I hear something more, anyone any idea?

Being a Senior Citizen I'm not 'au fait' with all the technical jargon etc. I just want an 8MB speed with Plusnet with BT and not Tiscali.

What do I have to do now?
32 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

DSLMax

Your exchange would have to be LLU enabled, not all are.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

you can see if it is or not.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

DSLMax

No further users are being put on to LLU at the moment.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

DSLMax

Thanks for the replies so far. Following the link I can see that my exchange is LLU enabled, but it's good news as far as I'm concerned to hear that no further users are being put on to LLU at the moment.

Having cleared that up, any idea how long I'll have to wait for the upgrade?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

DSLMax

I think it's up to a week or so, but if you are lucky one of the comms team might pick this up and push it through more quickly (hint, hint).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

DSLMax

I've tried already (just now) and for some reason BT's ordering system isn't lettng me do it. Give me a poke and I'll try it again tomorrow Smiley
serenityvalley
Grafter

DSLMax

I put the same upgrade request in on the 2nd (ID: 2122930Cool, got the same stock response and haven't heard anything else since.

Could you maybe look at mine too?
James
Grafter

DSLMax

I'm happy to do so tomorrow.
serenityvalley
Grafter

DSLMax

Ta. Smiley
Community Veteran

DSLMax

Many thanks James. I was hoping that someone from PN would pick up on it.

If I don't hear anything from you by lunch time tomorrow, I'll give you a quick reminder.

Thanks once again to everyone who responded.
sam
Grafter

DSLMax

Hi coastergrotto,

Your regrade has completed. A reboot should see you syncing at a faster speed.

Can you let me know what this is so I can update your profile as this is at 2mb until we get your delta reports back.
otisbdriftwoodu

DSLMax

I just noticed this thread. Is there any chance you to take a look into my upgrade request ? It's ID: 21294385

Many Thanks.
sam
Grafter

DSLMax

Hi lidgate,

I have placed your order and created a new ticket on your account.

I will confirm on the ticket when this is complete.
Community Veteran

DSLMax

Thanks sami for the regrade. I'm not up with all this technical jargon I'm afraid so I really don't know what info you are asking me for.

I see my account now says: Your current broadband speed is 6500 Kbps. I have run 3 bandwith speed tests on your speed checker and they registered 4.20, 3.80 and 3.90.

If there's any other info you want I'll be happy to oblige, but you'll have to explain what I have to do to access it as I don't understand all this syncing, pinging and delta reports!!!

Thanks for the speedy response anyway.
sam
Grafter

DSLMax

Hi coastergrotto,

It is my pleasure.

The information you have provided is fine, thanks.

When your line is first upgraded to Max there is a period of 'adjustment' that can cause the speeds to fluctuate, so the random speeds are fine for now, I just need to check that you line profile was not stick on 2MB, but as your account is reporting a higher speed then 2MB, this has already been sorted.