cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMax & Alternate Network Supplier - [Discussion]

N/A

Please use this thread to discuss the recent update and FAQ about DSLmax and LLU Suppliers from James

To read the update - Click here

To read the FAQ - Click here
16 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Umm, http://trials.plus.net takes me to a log in page on plus.net so umm, yeah, how are we supposed to use something not designed for us, and which we cannot log into?

/edit - try http://trials.force9.net instead, it works.....
N/A

The post has been updated.
N/A

Hello dgwebb,

Yes! totally agree on this point, the login for users who have accounts with PlusNet and NOT users with F9, even guest account doesnt take you to the correct link. Humm!! I hope its working now??

Ivan
David_W
Rising Star

you missed one:

Q) How do I request an upgrade now?
A) Simply goto http://trials.plus.net and click on the link that allows you to queue jump, and raise a ticket stating that you would like to be upgraded as soon as possible.

Its silly though that F9 would use plus.net for a member service, unless of course F9 is trying to hint that we'll soon all be plus.net not force9 anymore.
N/A

dgwebb,

Naaa!! mate if anthing its looking more likely that F9 PN will be swallowed up by PIPEX or Tiscarli if the rumor mill is correct?

Ivan
N/A

you missed one:

Q) How do I request an upgrade now?
A) Simply goto http://trials.plus.net and click on the link that allows you to queue jump, and raise a ticket stating that you would like to be upgraded as soon as possible.

Its silly though that F9 would use plus.net for a member service, unless of course F9 is trying to hint that we'll soon all be plus.net not force9 anymore.

hi

lol, i'll change it later, cant be bothered just now!
David_W
Rising Star

dgwebb,

Naaa!! mate if anthing its looking more likely that F9 PN will be swallowed up by PIPEX or Tiscarli if the rumor mill is correct?

Ivan

ohh, rumours? I havent heard any, gimme the gossip :twisted:
N/A

N/A

it seems Tiscali are now offering 1mb with unlimited downloads for £14.99, they even state on the advert that there are no download limits

And this advert was aired on Sky Three during Relic Hunter tonight (7pm-8pm)

If this is the case and F9 have joined forces with Tiscali, will they be bringing this is in for users on 1mb and below, especially for ones who can't get above 1mb even with MaxAdsl

regards
mike
astarsolutions
Grafter

If this is the case and F9 have joined forces with Tiscali

They haven't joined forces, they are simple buying a service from them, the same as f9 have been buying services from BT wholesale for decades.
N/A

you missed one:

Updated now.

:lol:
Community Veteran

it seems Tiscali are now offering 1mb with unlimited downloads for £14.99, they even state on the advert that there are no download limits

The advert still states in small print at the bottom that a "Fair Usage Policy" applies to all accounts
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
N/A

Hi,

If anyone was been bothering to follow this debate for the last few months then its self evident that F9 PlusNet and the VAST majority of UK ISP's cannot offer a truely unlimited broadband service due to the cost that involves. Ask yourself why? do all ISP's have either limits, caps or allowences ANS:- because they would go out of business if they didnt. Or the costs of an unlimited BB service would be so expensive it wouldnt be affordable for most domestic customers.

**Have a look at any UK ISP really offering a pure or true unlimited ADSL service and I think you will see the costs reflect this at well over £40 per month or more.

**Broadband is a finate resource NOT an infinate one. It doesnt grow on trees & it does cost money. It only works at an affordable price due to contention ratios.

Ivan
astarsolutions
Grafter

For the past couple of week we seem to have the same few questions asked again and again.

MaxDSL upgrades: When and why haven't I been upgraded

Bandwidth allowances: FUP's, SUP's, Caps and so on.

Can one of the moderators put a sticky topic asking people to stop posting the same questions all the time; its getting really annoying having the same questions and same answers day in and day out

I also thought double posting wasn’t allowed; that stupid Tiscalli advert question has appears several times in different threads this evening.