Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMax Upgrade Process Changes - Discussion

N/A

Hi folks.

Following James' announcement here

It would be appreciated if all feedback and discussion could be kept to this thread.

Many thanks.
23 REPLIES
N/A

Why am I not surprised that it's been decided to put everything on hold and then blame it on someone else. Yawn.

Hindsight is clearly a wonderful tool

Yeah so is prior planning and preparation.

To quote Clint Eastwood/Gunny Highway... "It's a cluster***k"

Brian
N/A

This is not a case of randomly blaming someone else.

The issues with MAX DSL are affecting all IPS using BT's MAX product.

The problems with instability and speeds are affecting customers of all ISP's across the UK.

The BT product, despite their apparent testing is flawed.

Would you rather have a stable ADSL product or a problematic MAX product. i know which choice I'd make.

The ISP have no control over BT's planning, testing or delivery mechanisms. If they are borked an ISP has two choices. Continue upsetting customers or wait until BT fix their mess.

F9 have chosen to withdraw the mass upgrade programme until BT sort out the mess which they have created. if customers chose to move to Max in the knowledge that there may be problems then so be it. But I reckon this is a wise and sensible move that they have taken.
N/A

I'd rather it was done correctly in the first place.
N/A

Wouldnt we all, but unfortunately none of us have any control over BT Wholesale's wonderful product development or processes. If only Smiley
Sword
Grafter

but they should be performed within 3-4 weeks of the request being made. Anyone who has already put in a ‘queue jump’ ticket will be added to the ‘opt-in’ pool and upgraded if they haven’t already been upgraded (most have).

I put in a Q-jump request over six weeks ago and still nothing (although you do wonder if that might not be a blessing(!)).

Looking at the other poll thread where 50% of people haven't been upgraded, this timescale again sounds rather optimistic.

S.
N/A

Wouldnt we all, but unfortunately none of us have any control over BT Wholesale's wonderful product development or processes. If only Smiley

I work in the IT indiustry and I know how the best laid of plans can so easily go off the rails but I'm sorry, I don't think these plans were thought through, or implemented correctly.

I'm just getting fed up F9 failing to deliver on their promises.
N/A

Hi there,

I fully agree. BT's planning was clearly not up to scratch and their testing has been proven to be lacking.

F9, like all ISP's offering BTw's products, clearly believed BT's sales pitch, and tbh, the trials which F9 / PlusNet took part in, based on BT's limits, were a success.

The fact that the problems have now been discovered is not F9 / PlusNets fault, nor is it the fault of the other providers. It rests fairly and squarely with BTw.

F9 offered a product. Through no fault of their own, and with the customers interests at heart, they have now withdrawn the mass upgrade programme, until BTw get their fingers out of their proverbials and live up to their promises.

This is right and fair. F9 do not deserve critism for this. It is a reasonable approach.

As I said, during testing the product performed as per spec. However, once released into the wild, the flaws became apparent. Do you want them to continue to offer a flawed product and anger customers further?

I am sure you dont. I am not sure who you are blaming here, but my impression is that the finger is pointed in the wrong direction, this time Smiley
N/A

F9 offered a product. Through no fault of their own, and with the customers interests at heart, they have now withdrawn the mass upgrade programme, until BTw get their fingers out of their proverbials and live up to their promises.

This is right and fair. F9 do not deserve critism for this. It is a reasonable approach.

As I said, during testing the product performed as per spec. However, once released into the wild, the flaws became apparent. Do you want them to continue to offer a flawed product and anger customers further?

I am disappointed with the max upgrade, although my speed has lifted a small amount. I notice that they have stopped upgrading current customers, but it would appear that they are still placing new customers on MAX as well as those who are moving house (see +Net newsgroup). It would seem that they have enough faith in the technology to allow new customers to benefit, but not existing ones. Surely if MAX isn't good enough for one group of customers, it is not right for new customers either??

Mark
Daveodeth
Grafter

BT planning not up to scratch, well colour me surprised. :roll:
N/A

I am disappointed with the max upgrade, although my speed has lifted a small amount. I notice that they have stopped upgrading current customers, but it would appear that they are still placing new customers on MAX as well as those who are moving house (see +Net newsgroup). It would seem that they have enough faith in the technology to allow new customers to benefit, but not existing ones. Surely if MAX isn't good enough for one group of customers, it is not right for new customers either??

Mark

Reminds me of that Bank Advert
"Brand new customers only!!!"

Looks like another cash grab.... the folk paying for 4-8Mb BB and still not upgraded.
JonathanW
Grafter

Looks like another cash grab.... the folk paying for 4-8Mb BB and still not upgraded.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the customers on the old Up To 4mb and Up To 8mb accounts were upgraded several weeks ago. We put them through as the first lot of upgrades. Yes, there were some cases where accounts were missed, but when these were soon sorted out.

Plus, we're still offering the Max upgrades, its just that now its an opt in process, rather than everyone being done automatically. This is for the short term only, whilst BT get things sorted out and we can resume upgrading everyone.
N/A

just as well I have decided to opt-in then.
I want my 8Mb upgrade!! Smiley
Flaw or no flaw
David_W
Rising Star

Confusing.

I put my queue jump request in a long time ago, and am still on 2MB. Do I now need to reapply again? Am I "at the top of the queue" cause I requested it a long long time ago? Or am I back in alphabetical order (... Webb....)

Does the fact that for the first time ever I'm over the 10GB mark count against me so stick me down the upgrade queue?
N/A

i also q-jumped sometime ago but have heard nothing.

Do i need to apply again now its an opt-in?