cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMax - Interleaving - Discussion

JonathanW
Grafter

This thread is for discussion of this post from James.
10 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Does this mean you are actually going to start upgrading people to DSLMax again now?
N/A

If we change the interleaving on/off, will the line go through a 10-day training period again?
James
Grafter

Does this mean you are actually going to start upgrading people to DSLMax again now?

At some stage. We want to see how this pans out first.
James
Grafter

If we change the interleaving on/off, will the line go through a 10-day training period again?

No.
N/A

At some stage. We want to see how this pans out first.

Come on guys - give us a clue :lol:

We know you feel pressured by this whole situation but is it going to a be week? A month? Next year?

How long do you have to "pan" before we start to consider the possibility that you may recommence the regrades?

Cheers.
James
Grafter

Honestly, we have no set timescale yet Smiley

We need to see if the interleaving approach works out first, then we can make an educated decision.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This is my experience. I used to have a 512K standard ADSL line and was upgraded to Max about 3 months ago.

I have interleaving ON from first connection and the line has been pretty stable. The download speed runs at around 480k per sec (up from 57k on the old 512) and sometimes hits 502 with a following wind.

The Linksys modem/router/wireless AP syncs at 5728 with a 6db downstream margin and can drop to 4128 with 9db after heavy rain. But a few days at the higher speed seems to kick the BRAS back up to full speed again.

All in all I am pleased with the result Smiley and have had no complaints from my son about gaming lag, but I don’t know what the ping times are (never asked him).

Regards, Colin.
N/A

According to my Linksys WAG354G router Interleaving is on.

My sync rate is now 7.7mbps with a 5db downstream margin - it used to be about 5 - 5.5mbps. According to speed tests my speed is up approx 1mbps.

Paradoxicaly, I would say that web browsing is now slower. Certainly I got a worrying number of "page not found" type errors and by evening web browsing had become very noticeably slower. I initially believed there was a DNS problem but also wonder if contention was the culprit.

Can't find the link in "Connection Settings" to turn Interleaving off to do a comparison.
N/A

You lucky lot. My exchange can take 22MB and has been upgraded, they will still only let me have 1MB Cry
N/A

Honestly, we have no set timescale yet Smiley

We need to see if the interleaving approach works out first, then we can make an educated decision.

Well F9 are now 1 week into this newest "trial". I wonder what the interpretation of the results so far is?

Inconclusive is my guess :roll: