Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Max update

Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Thanks for this update
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42579

However, I would appreciate knowing if I am to ever receive an increase after my 10 day period is up on my upload speeds at all??
They have not increased at all since my line was enabled for MAXDSL and remain at 26.8 KB/sec
Sad
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

DSL Max update

All the problems with speed have been with downstream side. Upstream for most should have increased to 448Kbs when they were initially upgraded to MaxDSL

What are your upload stats?
Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply,

here are my modem stats
DownstreamMaxBitRate= 7296000
UpstreamMaxBitRate= 448000
ReceiveAttenuation_dB= 38
ReceiveMargin_dB= 6
RxOutputPower_dBm= 0
SendAttenuation_dB= 31
SendMargin_dB= 23
Community Veteran

DSL Max update

That is syncing at 448Kbs upstream.

What are you using to test your upstream speed?
willhome
Grafter

DSL Max update

personally i found that best programs to properly test upload speeds or download for that matter are ftp programs.

get a large file start uploading/downloading wait a minute for it to settle and then you should have a stable speed. my upload maxs out at 46.65 when my mates was downloading off my ftp.
Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Thanks for the repliesSmiley
Peter, Yes upload is synced at 448kbs, however, no matter what speed test I try from various sites I get the same speed test result, and my upload speeds have not changed.
Last result from this site for instance
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/
Download Speed: 3488 kbps (436 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 216 kbps (27 KB/sec transfer rate)

It just seemed strange to me that everyone was reporting immediate increase in upload speeds and with me it has not happened.
shellsong
Grafter

DSL Max update

I've found this speedtest useful even though the site isn't in this country http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp
Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated, I have also tried that one amongst all the others I have seen posted around.
Everyone I have tried all give the same consistent result , of between 26 and 27 KB/sec
I am puzzled as to why the upload speed has not changed at all when everyone else seems to have an immediate change. :?
N/A

DSL Max update

Julie,

that is a little strange, because it was the first thing to happen, I am STILL waiting for my downloads to increase, but my uploads are around 45 now, my download......she still taking her time no? jeez, just tested the download from my PN ftp....65k...sheesh, I hope this gets sorted soon lol
Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Yes very weird ..
I am sure your download speeds will kick in soon Smiley
As for my upload speeds I may put in a ticket about this one, as I cannot seem to find anyone else on my search reporting the same problem.
tumnus
Grafter

DSL Max update

My upload remained at 250kbps for 4 days until my download speed increased too. A few others have reported this, so it is not completely unusual.
Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Hi
I have not seen any other reports of this, so thanks for your reply.
I will wait and see what happens before bothering support.
Julie
Grafter

DSL Max update

Hi,
Now on day 11 and sync speed has now changed down from 7.1 meg to 5.3 meg

Although upload speeds are fluctuating depending on time of day they seem to be staying in the same region of 3488 kbps and 3700 ish
However my upload speeds have never gone above 27 KB/sec Sad

For information Msr page has now gone down to 5000 after many days at 6500.
Interleaving has been on since day 3.
N/A

DSL Max update

Just a long-shot but it's not aa USB modem, or from a slow PC you're testing (or with other apps using the link from the same or other PCs).... Had to ask, just in case, and apologies if already commented on in other threads.