cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Max Upgrade on billing date?

N/A

I have read in emails and on this site that the DSL Max upgrades will take place on the next billing date so to speak yet I've received an email from PN (as have most I should imagine) stating the upgrades will be happening "over the coming months."

Does this mean to say the upgrade won't happen on the billing date (which is today incidently) instead it will happen when ever it happens?

It's not a huge issue for me as I'm not a heavy user, yet if PN say they're going to upgrade on a certain date you would expect it to happen. I have read the FAQ by the way and I have read the bit about orders being delayed and whatnot.
13 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

The Max upgrades are being put through in two ways. The current method, due to the small number of orders we can place, is to put through the customers who've been with us the longest. Then later in the month BT are going to make a bulk regrade tool available so that we can place orders for everyone else. Though this might take some time to complete due to the number of orders being placed.
N/A

I was told i would be upgraded at the latest by september
N/A

I was told i would be upgraded at the latest by september

That’s awful, if this is going to be the case it's defiantly time to move on
N/A

Sorry chaps I lied, on the account summary thing it stated next billing date 20th (today), whereas the auto billing email from PN says the 24th.
Community Veteran

The Max upgrades are being put through in two ways. The current method, due to the small number of orders we can place, is to put through the customers who've been with us the longest ...

Jon, is this the whole truth and nothing but? Explain why my account is not upgraded as my account started in Sept/2000.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
mitchell20
Grafter

The Max upgrades are being put through in two ways. The current method, due to the small number of orders we can place, is to put through the customers who've been with us the longest ...

Jon, is this the whole truth and nothing but?

SW.

yeah right........I also have friends on Plus.net who signed up after me who have had their upgrades go though when mine hasn't yet.....
N/A

Comms team will spread you light at the end of a dark tunnel but here from mebmers you can read the facts. What PlusNet say and acheive are very far appart.

You will come to expect getting let down but made to feel better by the prospects of that one day they will get it right for you as a valued customer.

Take it from someone who has been here for a long time, it has'nt got better, I migrated to EvolutionDSL today..

Take care & God Bless,
Marcus

P.S One of the reasons I migrated out is (1) Stay at PlusNet and get DSL MAX in September maybe or (2) Migrate to EvolutionDSL and get DSL MAX in 7+ days.
N/A

My billing date is the 6th and I was upgraded today. 6.9Mbps at the moment!
___oDiN__
Grafter

albionrovers

what package were you on and how much were you paying before your upgrade
N/A

PAYG with 2Gb £15.99 a month - trying it with 1Gb now that I can go daft midnight till 8 am Cheesy
N/A

Its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to migrate so have to sit tight and wait for my dsl max in september Cry
N/A

Whatever +net say about the priority of upgrades can be taken with a very large pinch of salt. All of the forums are full of people who recently joined being upgraded before those who have been members for a long time.

I was reading one report of some chap upgraded after only two months at +net. Funnily enough he was on the same package and had the same billing date as me and of course I am patiently (for now) waiting.

As everyone keeps saying though, its not the delays that concern us, its the deliberate misinformation.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I don't think it's deliberate misinformation. When James rang me he seemed just as mystified about how some of these upgrades were occurring.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)