cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

gweltek
Dabbler

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

I signed up for the DSL MAX trial within a few days of its announcement, is it still valid I wonder, can I check ?
From PlusNet Directors and staff.......
I have read that, "it's on", it's off".
I have read that, "it's been withdrawn"
I have read that, well... just about every excuse that can be given and dreamed up.
I would like to know where I stand as a customer of PlusNet.
James Bailey and his cohorts are listening but....
the depth of information they are able to impart, leaves myself and others still totally in the dark.
They can only advise as the directors allow and advise :? .
The directors seem incapable of telling us what we want to hear.
What is it we want to hear ?
When is PlusNet going to get it's act together and provide what it says it would.
When I changed to PlusNet I felt very happy and signed up
clients on both PAYG and Premier.
Most of them have had the upgrade...I would like to join them please !
7 REPLIES
N/A

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

You need to read the service statements - at the moment both LLU and MaxDSL are suspended until further notice.

However, if one of the pn staff feel generous, they may upgrade you anyway if you accept the risks that you could be connectionless, having repeated disconnections, slow speeds, and everything else which seems to come with the "upgrade".
gweltek
Dabbler

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

How can it be said to be "generous" to place a customer in such a shakey connection ?
Why is it such a lottery of having a good upgrade first time?
Can you advise that this is the same for all other ISP's ?
I do not hear of BT having this problem with their customers.
All ISP's seem to have problems from time to time.
Is it general or just PlusNet ?
N/A

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

*It's generous because as the transfers are on hold, they will have to take your details and process your account themselves outside of their usual workload. That is why the maxDSL upgrades are on hold until BT can solve the underlying problem causing all the disconnections and low speeds. It is also why they do state that if you want the upgrade now despite all the warnings that you wont be expected to complain about it IF the upgrade causes your line to be very unstable.

*Good upgrades are depending on a whole load of things, including line type, line quality, cabling and is also reliant on BT providing the ISPs with updated profiles for each customer. As maxDSL is more sensitive, problems with the line show up a whole lot more clearer.

*It is happening across all the ISPs that have taken part in maxDSL. There is certainly talks on adslguide on other companies where the same problems are occouring. Again, its not every customer as some people have good connections. I beleive at the last count plus.net had upgraded MORE customers than other ISPs which is why there is a higher percentage of comments at this end.

*Bt do and are having this problem as they are technically "just another ISP" to BT Wholesale.
gweltek
Dabbler

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

Thanks for the input.
As I am only 675 metres from the BT Exchange, I am thinking that the signal should be OK for the DSL MAX.
Marconi sent his transatlantic radio messages from a spot
only 1 mile away in about 1901 or thereabouts.
Goonhilly Earth Satelite Station is 2 miles away sending most of this email to the rest of the world and handling the telephone and television services for whole countries.
You can pop in and use their mega internet connection at supersonic speeds as a visitor.
It would be nice to think that I could have just a small piece of the action....sometime ? Sad
Community Veteran

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

can you pop down to roskillys and get me an ice cream ...
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
gweltek
Dabbler

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

Even old Joe Roskilly has a fast DSL.
A pal of mine delivers for Roskillys and he is in Coverack.
Will he be passing your place...if so I'll get him to drop you one off...Hokey Pokey or Rum and Raisin ? :lol:
Community Veteran

DSL MAX Roll Out Status

Actually Sour Cream and Cherry was my favourite but they only had it once. Sad

Your friend will have a van full of sludge by the time he reaches my house, I am a native of the area very local to you, born in Truro, but like many have moved many miles away to get a job in something other than making pasties, empting p'pots in an old persons home or being an estate agent.

And on topic, it seems posting in http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46684 will get you a MaxDSL update despite the official story being that MaxDSL orders are on hold. Wink

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed