cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS

N/A

DNS

Hey plusnet your dns servers have been intermittent over the last about an hour. I hope you know its not an acronym for DoesNotServe. Its not a connectivity problem for sure I've been vpn-ed into work the same time and connectivity was fine. Just thought you should know.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DNS

> Hey plusnet your dns servers have been intermittent over the last about an hour. I hope you know its not an acronym for DoesNotServe. Its not a connectivity problem for sure I've been vpn-ed into work the same time and connectivity was fine. Just thought you should know.
Hi there,
This was likely related to the Sheffield POP site issue (please see service status).
I'm about to post an update on the state of play. Because the 212.159.13.150 DNS is in Sheffield, you would have needed to be using the 212.159.15.50 set.
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> you would have needed to be using the 212.159.15.50 set.

I think Mike meant 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50, which are at Telehouse and will offer improvements for ADSL customers.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
bluewhale
Rising Star

Are the correct dns ip addresses somewhere in our connection settings?

N/A

> Are the correct dns ip addresses somewhere in our connection settings?
>
>

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but if you have your connection settings for DNS configured as "Server Assigned", the correct settings will be allocated to your connection when you connect.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support