cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS with IP-block

N/A

DNS with IP-block

Is it possible to have different DNS (and rDNS) names for each IP in a IP-block?

eg The first IP could resolve to ip1.x.plus.com and the second to ip2.x.plus.com
6 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

DNS with IP-block

I believe thats possible - 3 of my IPs have one rDNS and the other has a different one.

I requested it using the "Technical Support -> Static IP / Reverse DNS Setup -> Change my Reverse DNS (PTR) configuration" route in the Contact Us Wizard and explained EXACTLY what I wanted in the box on the last page.
N/A

DNS with IP-block

from what i can tell there the only options give are for changing the rDNS to:
username.plus.com
ip.plus.com
or something.domain.com

I want to change both the DNS and rDNS to something.username.plus.com, this option is not talked about there.
N/A

DNS with IP-block

You are advised to go through that contact us route anyhow, and discuss your requirments with PlusNet directly.
jberry
Grafter

DNS with IP-block

Hi there,

You would only be able to change the rDNS to multiple things in your IP block if you had a domain name on your account, so you would have:
212.159.1.1 = something.domain.com

212.159.1.2 = anotherthing.domain.com
etc.

This is not possible with your username.plus.com domain.

Regards,
N/A

DNS with IP-block

if that is not posible, is it to make username.plus.com only point to one of my IPs.
csogilvie
Grafter

DNS with IP-block

You could get the other 3 that you don't want to point to username.plus.com pointed to ip.plus.com then, which would leave one pointing to username.plus.com