cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS problem?

N/A

DNS problem?

Is it just me or anyone else having DNS problem right now? I couldn't connect to many sites right now .. I couldn't get into www.amazon.co.uk too.. I'm currently using the following DNS servers:

18 REPLIES
N/A

DNS problem?

Ugh.. funny .. I could go to amazon.co.uk now .. is this intermittent kind of thing?

And this is annoying .. I still couldn't go to some other sites .. anything .sap.com is out .. and few others .. firefox gave me " www ... could not be found .. " ?? What is going on here?
N/A

DNS problem?

It isn't just you - I've had problems all day as stated in the ADSL very sluggish thread and other threads have mentioned problems with e mail downloading. Speeds have been crap all day but appear to have picked up this evening. I've raised a ticket but no response so far.
N/A

DNS problem?

definitely not just you.

i can hardly use the net tonight. so many sites are not accessible. is this plusnet or the whole net?Huh
N/A

DNS problem?

and another thing. i cant ftp to any of my websites
ceridwen
Grafter

DNS problem?

Same intermittent DNS problems here too.

Matthew
N/A

DNS problem?

Same here tonight. Its been terrible.
N/A

DNS problem?

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=1858599&page=0&view=expanded&...

check this and the replies. i just changedmy dns and now everything is fine

read everything in the thread. there are a few recommendations for alternate dns
N/A

DNS problem?

Seems to be okay now this morning.
N/A

DNS problem?

Deleted my post - it was an error on my part.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

DNS problem?

Hi,

I'm seeing quite a few people saying they are getting DNS problems, but there doesn't seem to be much in common that I can see straight off (e.g. some are on one set of DNS servers, some on the other, some on dial-up some on ADSL) and for every person that has a problem there's another who's done something and it's fixed it, or someone for whom it's working fine.

To anyone still seeing a problem can I ask for the following information.

From a command prompt do the following

ipconfig /all

nslookup www.plus.net

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

if you can post the results it should help to see where the problem lies.
N/A

DNS problem?

Not sure if my problems are specifically DNS as mail seems slow too. Just ran three BT speed tests and got abysmal figures - 142 kbps, 127 kbps and 148 kbps. (I have passed these figures onto support via a ticket)

I'd assume it was a line problem were it not for the fact that other people seem to be having similar problems as well.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

DNS problem?

@nphughes, have you tried rebooting your equipment?

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

DNS problem?

Hi there,

We've just posted a Service Status about the DNS peculiarities and our network engineers are investigating.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

DNS problem?

nphughes, have you tried rebooting your equipment?

Several times, Bob.