cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS issues tonight?

N/A

DNS issues tonight?

Hi Is anyone having DNS issues tonight?

I have not been able to get on the internet tonight. My brother also with Plus.net confirms that he can not get on either.

I was able to get MSN messenger so deducted it must be plus.net DNS servers. Our DNS settings are:

I changed my DNS to a third party DNS server and instantly got on.

I've raised a ticket but wondered if anyone else had this?

cheers
44 REPLIES
Community Veteran

DNS issues tonight?

Several of us have had the BTw page at various points in the evening see my thread named BTw Page. However when I have not had the BTw page surfing has been normal.
N/A

DNS issues tonight?

I've never heard of a BTw page and never seen one! (I've been with plus.net since jan03)

It's definately DNS for me as now I'm using a third party DNS I Have no problems!

Rich
N/A

DNS issues tonight?

I had it earlier today. All I did was disconnect then connect and it worked fine. Might just have been luck though Tongue
N/A

DNS issues tonight?

It's definately DNS for me as now I'm using a third party DNS I Have no problems!

Rich

what are you using?.... if i can try it too it may help debug my current connection woes!
monkeyboy
Dabbler

DNS issues tonight?

Yes, I have the same problem. It seems a soft-reboot of the server fixes the problem. Plus/net need to sort out these DNS issues, this is unacceptable to randomly keep losing your connection.
N/A

DNS issues tonight?

Just had the old BT page myself there also. Connection froze. Rebooted whole pc, came back to BT page, whipped modem out & back in, BT page, another full reboot & back on.
N/A

DNS issues tonight?

Its just taken me half an hour to get back on, first the BTpage kept coming up, then just message unable to connect to server. Rebooted several times before getting a connection.

First time I have had any problems
N/A

DNS issues tonight?

Just had the BTW page myself, i had noticed that my speeds were rubbish tonight so i rebooted and up came the BT page, my connection has been stable over the last week with constant speeds........thought it was to good to be true :roll:

Date Speed Achieved (kbps)
03-10-2005 21:46:34 792.8
03-10-2005 21:45:51 761.5
03-10-2005 21:45:25 664
passer
Grafter

DNS issues tonight?

Same here. Been up and down like an upanddown thing all evening, with the BT page much in evidence. Had to boot the router twice. Assumed it was a PlusNet issue, but can't find any announcements anywhere. Is it finished, or should I just get an early night?
N/A

crappy service

Since joining this LOT.

i have had numerous BTw pages where the connection drops and you end up with BT's ip addy and DNS settings..

Whats up with plusnet..

i am seriously regretting ever moving to these guys... should have stayed with pipex who provided me with 3 years of excellent sevice.

what ever happen when it go's down it really screws my linksys wag54g router so much that i can get to the management interface until i reset it.

i have never never never had this problem with any other ISP.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: DNS issues tonight?

Hi Is anyone having DNS issues tonight?
I was able to get MSN messenger so deducted it must be plus.net DNS servers. Our DNS settings are:

cheers

I use 212.159.11.150 and 212.159.13.150 and haven't had any problems

EDIT - please ignore these numbers - see the next post
Community Veteran

DNS issues tonight?

They are discontinued DNS servers and should not be used.

The alternative ones are 212.159.6.9 & 6.10
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

DNS issues tonight?

Why have I never been advised of this.
They have been in my router from Sept 2003 with no problems.
Why don't I have problems if they have been discontinued
Community Veteran

DNS issues tonight?

They are discontinued DNS servers and should not be used.

The alternative ones are 212.159.6.9 & 6.10

Peter, someone made a passing reference to this yesterday, could you elaborate?

Also could someone post a list for reference of the all current dns servers?