cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS & Email Problems

N/A

DNS & Email Problems

This problem has been occuring for some weeks. With reference to TicketID #19168531.

Previous Setup:

Our primary domain name is registered with lowcostnames, which was pointing to Force9 servers. Force9 serviced our domain and all services, including email redirects. Any emails going to someone@ourdomain.com would arrive in our inboxes on the force9 servers. This was the correct behaviour for this time, which occurred for incoming emails and also when we sent emails through relay.force9.net.

Current Setup:

We now have an online hosting account with Catalyst2, and now pointing lowcostnames to the Catalyst2 servers. Incoming emails are correctly redirected to our catalyst2 inboxes. A few weeks back we requested you to release our domain, notifying you with updated information. You notified us that this had been done.

We still host a small amount of services on our IP Address, which require access to your relay server (relay.force9.net).

Problem Occurring:

If we send an email to ourselves or colleagues with ourdomain.com through relay.force9.net, the email never arrives. If we CC the same email to a non ourdomain.com address, this email is received pretty much straight away. Neither is the email arriving in our inboxes on the force9 servers.

Force9 Tickets:

With reference to the ticket id above, you will notice that there seems to be a vicious cycle going on. We submit a ticket, provide you with some additional information, one of your support staff has a look and does a few tweaks, and everything is hunky doorry for the rest of the day. A little time later, I get notified by one of the my users that they are not receiving emails from the service. I run a couple of email tests, and again submit a ticket or force9.

Testing:

We are testing this by using Thunderbird to send an email to ourselves through your relay.force9.net server.

Thank you:

I would like to thank the support staff which have already worked on this, but it would be good to see the back of this problem once and for all.
5 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

DNS & Email Problems

Unfortunately, this forum is designed for community support, where general members of the community provide what assistance they can. They don't have access to our internal systems, and as such can't see the ticket that you are on about.

That being siad, I've had a look at the issue for you, and it would appear that it needs handling by our networks team, so I've passed it through internally.
N/A

DNS & Email Problems

I think you're missing the point here Jon. Note that after several weeks the problem has still not been solved and culthill is desperately trying to find some way other than the (rather poor) customer service to try to sort it out. Good that you're helping but sad that this is the only way to get customer service to do what it's name would normally imply.
N/A

DNS & Email Problems

Hi Guys,

The problem as I see it, is caused by mutiple factors. 1) F9 PlusNet have in effect now withdrawn any real or useful technical support from paying customers. Even phone calls dont get answered, atleast not by anyone helpful or interested in helping 2) F9 are totally absymal at communicating with real customers & I have been saying this for many years but nobody at F9 towers is listening or interested in listening.

**In addition support are snowed under with a massive backlog of contact us tickets.

** F9 are snowed under with technical problems both their own and MAX DSL (BT) related as far as I can see.

**I have no idea how you will manage to get this sorted out, I'm so disgusted with the lack of customer service or support that I'm actively looking for a new providor. One who still offers real technical support.

Ivan
N/A

DNS & Email Problems

Unfortunately, this forum is designed for community support, where general members of the community provide what assistance they can. They don't have access to our internal systems, and as such can't see the ticket that you are on about.

That being siad, I've had a look at the issue for you, and it would appear that it needs handling by our networks team, so I've passed it through internally.

Not that this is an issue at ADSLGuide..... :twisted:

ALL queries where a ticket ID is given are taken up by the Comms team....with very prompt answers or a PM in most cases.

I cannot beleive that F9/+net actively prefer to deliver support through a third party website in preference to their own customer forum..... :roll:

I know where I shall post if I have a problem.
N/A

DNS & Email Problems

Hi Guys,

portmoak was pretty much spot on. It has been some weeks, and I know if I update the original ticket a response will come fairly prompty. I have no beaf with F9 Support, they have been very courteous and mostly spot on up until now (this ticket).

Hi Jon, yeah I appreciate that the forum users do not have access to ticket ids, but it was meant to be like that. I also appreciate that you guys (and gals) are busy and though that someone (a F9 user, not just technical support) may have some insight, so I put it to the public.

I appreciate any positive comments which lead to the solution.

Kind regards

Justin Evans
Culthill