cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Servers

N/A

DNS Servers

Not a complete novice but far from a PC wizard

Any help on what's best in setting DNS servers, I have it set ATM to automatic from ISP but I seem to have trouble every now and again with pages not loading etc

Would it be better to manually enter DNS servers, if so any suggestions please?Huh
7 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

DNS Servers

It's up to you. I run my own DNS server which uses all four of the plusnet servers as a first point of contact, then finds it itself if they don't know.

You can code our servers in manually, they are:

If you are using a router and set it to automatic many routers have DNS built in so it will use that, you may find it works better hardcoding ours in.
N/A

DNS Servers

Thanks for that will give it a go.....
N/A

DNS Servers

Maybe someone should post the DNS servers as a sticky topic in Tutorials & FAQs, it seems to be quite a common question.

Just an idea ...

Andrew D Wiles
Community Veteran

DNS Servers

connection settings -> connection details
N/A

DNS Servers

Hi Peter,
It is true that they are listed there (well 3 of them are) but it never hurts to have the information in multipul places. For instance, the OP asked here rather than checking the connection settings route to see the available DNS servers.
And to be honest, I find the "My Account" section of the portal a bit difficult to navigate, maybe its just me be I often find things where I don't expect them, but thats probably just me Smiley
N/A

DNS Servers

Not just you Darkskye much easier to find things here

Like you I find the "MY Account" section a bit of a puzzle and find info where I'd least expect it Shocked
N/A

Front page

Can we get these up on a page in account or at least a sticky post on the forum

Took me 20min to find

Tom