cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Records

N/A

DNS Records

Hi, I am currently moving from Blueyonder to Plusnet and want to make a DNS entry of mine point to my webspace with plusnet (links.deandodd.co.uk) I have created the a CNAME record and the changes have been made however I believe due to the virtual name system that Plusnet uses the server needs to be configured so that the virtual name links.deandodd.co.uk points to my web space www.deandodd.plus.com?

Thanks for any help
Dean.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DNS Records

why would anybody,with the current plusnet adsl speed issues change from cable to plusnetHuh?Huh
N/A

> Hi, I am currently moving from Blueyonder to Plusnet and want to make a DNS entry of mine point to my webspace with plusnet (links.deandodd.co.uk) I have created the a CNAME record and the changes have been made however I believe due to the virtual name system that Plusnet uses the server needs to be configured so that the virtual name links.deandodd.co.uk points to my web space www.deandodd.plus.com?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Dean.

Morning,

This is correct just remember to place the trailing "." after the domain i.e. links.deandodd.co.uk. or in the left hand side of the cname record just put "links" without the trailing "." and the domain will get appended.
Regards

--
| Lee Mckenzie.................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Agent..............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

Hi, I have created the DNS entry correctly but all it does is point to the Plusnet homepage?

I believe this has something to do with Apache's Virtual Name systemHuh?

I have moved from cable to ADSL as my time with Cable was awful, I could hardly ever get on for the first 6 months and after that it never got much better hopeing my time with plusnet will be better?!

N/A

Hi there,

This is not something we support as we would be forced to manually configure the Apache server in all instances and this not possible with the current system.

You may of course host the domain with us, but please be aware that we do not support sub-domains. Whether you choose to do this or not will depend on your application.

Regards,
Mark.

| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+