cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Problems???

N/A

DNS Problems???

Are there any issues with the DNS server?

This morning when I came to my computer, the ADSL Light on my router was red. The first thing that I did was reboot the router and this successfully connected.

Although my router had successfully connected, I was unable to connect to any websites. I had a downloading torrent which while connected to a few peers was having problems with the tracker.

I then attempted to ping a couple of websites but could not resolve any of the names getting messages like

Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again.

When I pinged the DNS server and the backup DNS Server, both of these resolved without any issues.

I have reboted my computer but this made no difference.

There appear to be no known service issues so was wondering what is going on and can anybody help.
4 REPLIES
N/A

DNS Problems???

Which DNS servers are you using?

I have my system set up to use the following:

And my DNS is functioning just fine, has been all night perhaps try those servers, otherwise seams the issue is with your system rarther than the servers.
N/A

DNS Problems???

Can't quite remember which servers I am using and as I am at work will need to wait till I get home to find out Sad

Only got a primary and secondary though dunno what that 3rd IP you have is.
N/A

DNS Problems???

Oddly enough, the third one is a Tertiary DNS server Wink
N/A

DNS Problems???

Strange.. that one sometimes gets assigned as my primary :?