cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Problems or Bandwidth Throttling :?:

N/A

Is anyone aware of plusnet DNS issues ? I am unable to access a website called www.bankchargesrefunded.co.uk Is anyone else having the same problem? It would appear to be very intermitent. :?:
16 REPLIES
N/A

DNS Problems

I think I got it sussed!!

Plusnet throttle my uploads to the server by limiting access! :x

Not only that but they also kick you off for sending to many emails. See my other posts.

I come to this conclusion because when I upload PHPBB2 in one go it will fail half way through and the ISP then blocks access from my machine to the hosting server. When checked on www.megaproxy.com I can access the domain but on my own access the server cannot be found.. Leave it five minutes and it starts working againHuh?

Nice one plusnet! now where is my MAC Code please.
Community Veteran

Neither of those statements make any sense.

PN do not throttle HTTP uploads or downloads, in fact HTTP has the highest priority in the traffic management systems and other traffic will be droped in order to maintain HTTP transfer speeds (unless you are using HHTP tunneling for things like P2P or usernet access or using HHTP downloads from usenet websites in which case they will be limited as if they were real P2P/Usenet traffic).

I don't see what sending a lot of emails has to do with accessing a website and I've never heard of anyone being kicked off anything. What exactly are you claiming you were kicked off from?

PN are still having DNS issues which will manifest itself with seeing intermitent accesses to some websites.

As for the PHPBB2 download, this could be a limit from the site you are downloading from or even your router/firewall/AV scanner interfering with it. It could also be an incompatibility between the hosting website and your FTP client. Have you tried a different FTP client to rule that out or tried downloading without your firewall/AV scanner running?
N/A

PN are still having DNS issues which will manifest itself with seeing intermitent accesses to some websites.

As for the PHPBB2 download, quote]

Well it must be the DNS issues that are causing the problems I am seeing. However no other webpages are affected? I am simply using FrontPage to upload PHPBB2 in its entirety to my webspace which I have done several times. What has been happening today is some files are transferred and some are not.. I am then unable to load the website in my browser or see my files in FrontPage!! (this was tested on IE & FF)

This lasts for about 5 minutes and if I leave it for this time and go back to it I am then able to see the webpage in my browser and can upload files again.. I am having to upload 1 or 2 pages at a time or it simply locks me out from the URL.. I believe that this is caused by the plusnet servers throttling my bandwidth! What else could cause the problem? I called my host to find out if they were having problems but they are not and told me it must be my ISP.

So that’s that, plusnet are having a problem with the DNS servers which is what we thought was the problem.

PN do not limit Emails from being sent but will slow large batches progressively.. !!

In my other post I talked about being cut off from the plusnet servers for around 15 minutes because I sent several large batches of emails. In my experience what happened was the servers locked me out by some sort of default action because they thought that I was sending spam or been infected with a worm or virus of some sort!! This is obviously what happened and I know that you will deny it.

You block users on lower end products from sending larges batches of emails by cutting them off from the service.

The problems I have seen today looked like bandwidth throttling on the account by the servers.

I am the customer after all and that is my front-end experience of the service from plusnet. Sad Not very good so far. Evil
N/A

I am the customer after all and that is my front-end experie

I am the customer after all and that is my front-end experience of the service from plusnet. Not very good so far.
N/A

Other post! Complete Trace.....

Can anyone who understands these things tell me why this is happening? Really frustrating...

Tracing route to civinfo.com [195.62.28.240]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 25 ms 25 ms 26 ms lo0-plusnet.pte-ag2.plus.net [195.166.128.72]
3 26 ms 26 ms 25 ms ge0-0-0-504.pte-gw1.plus.net [84.92.4.89]
4 24 ms 24 ms 26 ms vl22.thn-gw1.plus.net [212.159.4.3]
5 634 ms 524 ms 467 ms aexiomus-gw-b.lonap.net [193.203.5.147]
6 508 ms 567 ms 584 ms peer8.rbl-mer.aexiomus.net [80.82.128.46]
7 531 ms 636 ms 538 ms ge2.br2.rbl-mer.misp.co.uk [84.45.244.6]
8 478 ms 502 ms 569 ms thermalthree.footholds.net [195.62.28.240]

Trace complete.

What is the problem exactly?
N/A

Poll

Where has my poll gone ? Am I not privi to starting a poll?
N/A

Re: Poll

Help!! I started a poll! but it is not showing? How do i get my poll to show?
canford
Grafter

There have been DNS issues for some time and this evening it's worse than ever. Is there no competent person at PlusNet?

You would think that they would be embarrassed by all the problems they have.... but it doesn't seem to move them.
N/A

I know it doesnt solve PN (possible) DNS issue, but if you change your DNS servers it probably will solve yours.

N.B I've not had any problems with DNS.
N/A

I know it doesnt solve PN (possible) DNS issue, but if you change your DNS servers it probably will solve yours.

N.B I've not had any problems with DNS.

NO
Sorry

Not fixed ? (next)
N/A

So your PC cannot resolve with PN DNS or anyone elses DNS that you have authority to use?
N/A

Get a grip!

So your PC cannot resolve with PN DNS or anyone elses DNS that you have authority to use?

Re - Read the post ?

I can read another but not through plusnet and not through plusnet.
N/A

By the way - about the bank charges (I know off topic) but have a look at www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Fantastic site to help you reclaim your charges and all free, plus plenty of other useful advice about your rights etc
Community Veteran

Re: Poll

Help!! I started a poll! but it is not showing? How do i get my poll to show?

Did you create the poll when you first wrote the first post? If so, editing your first post will sometimes cause the poll to be deleted due to a bug in the forum software. Also with this version of forum software, editing a poll can also cause it to either be duplicated or lost.