cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Problem again

Alecto
Grafter

DNS Problem again

Not seen a post on it today, so in case anybody thinks the DNS problem has gone, it hasn't.
8 REPLIES
canford
Grafter

DNS Problem again

My experience too. I object to having to switch DNS when I'm paying PlusNet for this service unless, of course, DNS are one of their value added things for which they cannot provide an SLA.
lingbob
Grafter

Re: DNS Problem again

Not seen a post on it today, so in case anybody thinks the DNS problem has gone, it hasn't.

Have you tried OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 Wink
Alecto
Grafter

DNS Problem again

Thanks Martin.
I'm afraid I was trying to avoid taking any action myself and hoping Plusnet would get it sorted. I've always been able to let my router do it for me. Till recently. Cry

At some stage, I'll get sufficiently fed up to do it. Wink
N/A

DNS Problem again

I switched DNS a few days ago, it's significantly better than the PN rubbish
N/A

DNS Problem again

To have DNS's from multiple sources is wise precaution for just this kind of situation. Once changed you shouldn't need to do it a gain.
canford
Grafter

DNS Problem again

Yes it's easy to switch DNSs but why should people have to? don't forget there may well be some people out there who don't know how to and possibly wouldn't even know what was being talked about. This is so basic that an ISP should be embarrassed by repeated failures. It is particularly annoying to read that this problem 'is now fully resolved' when clearly it is not.

Shortly I shall be going overseas for the winter and be dependent on loxinfo, laotel and bagan.net for internet service. Two of these are in countries with 'Least Developed Country' status which means that the infrastructure is almost non-existent. Their DNSs work, as does their e-mail (when not censored) even though we may have to run off generators. If 4th world (as these are sometimes called) countries can manage this, surely it should not be beyond PlusNet?
N/A

DNS Problem again

I agree you shouldn't have to, but if you do, the problem goes away.
N/A

DNS Problem again

I've done it and it greatly improves things but we are paying for a service that PlusNet simply cannot supply. If their DNS servers are borked they should be fixed, we should not have to use FREE DNS servers elsewere as a workround. All i can say is thx for the improvement on the line PlusNet buti want my MAC code.