cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issues

N/A

DNS Issues

It's now been 3 days since the last service status on this issue and I'm still having sporadic web browsing and e-mail problems due to this. I'd like to know when this is likely to be rectified....
Thanks
ChrisC
8 REPLIES
N/A

DNS Issues

Hi, it is even worse today, almost unusable. I'm not sure how much more I want to put up with this b4 I seriously consider going elswhere...
ChrisC
N/A

DNS Issues

Mine's pretty bad too... I can hardly access any of the sites I normally go on... =/
N/A

DNS Issues

Hi and thx for your reply..
I'm also getting spam, some sexually related, that I wasn't getting before, some of my pop3 accounts are only working sporadically. As a IT Technician I need to know whats going on with the DNS issue, what steps +net they are taking to reach a solution. Then I can make a decision as to whether I can continue to depend upon +net as a service provider when I'm at home....
ChrisC
N/A

DNS Issues

have you tried using alternate DNS servers?

208.67.220.220 are a good start.

these are from www.opendns.com .

regards,
N/A

DNS Issues

My DNS servers were fine today?
N/A

DNS Issues

Hi, I can change them , however they have worked fine in the past without any such entries. After all it is +net who are stating there are issues such as mine...
Chris
N/A

DNS Issues

Hi Chris,

Indeed I see your point and mentality. However While I would love to depend on just 1 dedictaed set of DNS servers, past experience has proven to me that doing so is foolish ( unless your own which are blocked to the public ).
Any server can go down, and any server can encounter difficulties. This does not eradicate Plusnets responsibility I know, but its these possibilities that give reason to make sure your covered.

I use a multitude of DNS servers, and thats me being overly safe.

Regards,
N/A

DNS Issues

Hi, well somthing isn't right because I have once again received two fairly obscene e-mails today. I thought +net was supposed to filter these out?
ChrisC