cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Bust again?

rslsys
Grafter

DNS Bust again?

Once again some sites have fallen outside the +Net view of the world, notably Google & iii. (no doubt support can browse them just fine, therefore no problem).
Whilst setting up another machine earlier today I mistakenly used another ISPs DNS addresses with the +Net dialup - guess what, it went like a train and found everything I looked for, sadly I put this right before returning the machine to its owner.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DNS Bust again?

Somewhere after half two I lost some sites, the most significant were www.genie.co.uk and www.southport.uk.net

Both sites could be retreived successfully via a telnet session and lynx on an external system (yes I know telnet is weak but we're still trying to get them to install ssh)

N/A

Oh yeah, forgot to mention they both sprung back to life around half past three
N/A

Good Afternoon,

I do not know of any porblems that couild have caused this. I will bring it to the attention of the hostmaster.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

> I do not know of any porblems that couild have caused this. I will bring it to the attention of the hostmaster.

Cheers Dunc, hows things going in the towers?
I haven't noticed it happen again, though I have had similar things happen previously with other websites (http://webboard.novatech.net:8080 for one). That was a month or so ago and I put it down to the server at the other end as that can be a little flaky but the problem was exactly the same symptoms
N/A

Having no problems here...

I have tried all 4 servers and all seem to be a OK Smiley

You may find problems with *some* websites that use LINX, mainly because some thing has happened there and they are working on it.

Anyways
Later.