Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DISCUSS] Product Refresh - FAQ

James
Grafter

Dear All,

There have been a number of questions put forward with regards to the Product Refresh. As such, I have prepared this FAQ for your perusal. We will also be posting a Service Status Announcement to supply information regarding the current state of play during tomorrow.
=====================================================
My billing date was yesterday (03/04/06), why aren't I seeing any changes?
- The product change has gone through, but owing to the new VMBU platform not showing as of yet, you will not be able to see any changes. There are also some customers on old products, such as those that chose to remain on a 20:1 product that haven’t been upgraded as part of the transition from the old to new platform. This will be rectified by the end of the week.

What's happening with VMBU? Why do I still see old VMBU?
- We are still experiencing a couple of issues with the new VMBU, which are being fixed as we speak and we will roll out the new VMBU when we are certain that it is working correctly.

I am a PAYG customer, is my midnight-8am usage free?
- PAYG customers with a billing date of 3rd April will now have free overnight usage as of tonight.

If so why is this not reflected in VMBU?
- As above, this is because we are not running the new VMBU as of yet, but will be doing so once the problems are fixed and we are confident that it will work perfectly.

I am a Premier customer but cannot see any changes, why not?
- This may be down to the VMBU not having changed, or as described above, you may have been on an older variant of the product.

I am a PAYG customer, when will I get a regrade, is PAYG still classed as upto 8MB?
- We will be upgrading PAYG customers in accordance with our upgrade plan. We will be upgrading customers in accordance with how long they have been they have been a customer of ours for. This is owing to the number of regrade orders we are currently able to place with BT, and are awaiting further confirmation from them regarding this.

Why has my Plustalk component not updated?
- We currently have a problem raised about this, which our Development team are looking into as a matter of urgency.

- My billing date is tomorrow when will I be changed over/regraded?
So that we have some time to monitor the customers that we have transferred over to our new refreshed products, we will now spend a couple of days monitoring prior to moving over any further customers. On Friday, we will move all customers who were billed from April 5th to 7th to the new product range.

I changed package on the 2nd of April to the advertised Premier (option 1). My billing date is on the 14th of April, does this mean that although I have paid for the new advertised package I will not get the full deal until my next billing date?
Just to clarify things I am not talking about the speed upgrade element, just the new peak time and Plustalk free minutes components.

- You will be placed on the new platform as soon as the speed upgrade order has gone through.

How will I know when the new peak time has been implemented?
- We will send you an email once we have transferred you to the new automated platform.

Are business customers treated any differently?
- There is no network management policies applied to business accounts, and your speeds will be upgraded in accordance with how long you have been a customer of ours.
147 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Product Refresh - FAQ

I am a PAYG customer, is my midnight-8am usage free?
- PAYG customers with a billing date of 3rd April will now have free overnight usage as of tonight.

I'm not totally clear on what you mean by this. What happens with regard to usage this morning before 8am - is it being counted or not?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

PAYG Free usage.

I've just gone back to the Plusnet newsletter - it quite clearly stated that "Your product will be upgraded on your first billing date after 30th March 2006.".

As you didn't email all PAYG users who received the newsletter about the delayed implementation, you cannot count any overnight usage for PAYG users who were billed 31st March, 1st or 2nd April - never mind the anomoly with people billed on the 3rd April.
N/A

My guess is that he means that once you have had your billing date after the 3rd April your off peak useage is free.
Community Veteran

I am a PAYG customer, when will I get a regrade, is PAYG still classed as upto 8MB?
- We will be upgrading PAYG customers in accordance with our upgrade plan. We will be upgrading customers in accordance with how long they have been they have been a customer of ours for. This is owing to the number of regrade orders we are currently able to place with BT, and are awaiting further confirmation from them regarding this.

This does not answer the question is PAYG still classed as upto 8MB?.

I think the answer is Yes. So it means PAYG customers are all in line to be upgraded first.

James/Mand?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

[This does not answer the question is PAYG still classed as upto 8MB?.

I think the answer is Yes. So it means PAYG customers are all in line to be upgraded first.

I was wondering about this too. To be absolutely specific: Will PAYG users be upgraded before Premier users paying £21.99 and BB+ users paying £14.99? (and if not, why not?)
N/A

This all seems unecessarily complicated.

I get billed around the 15th of the month for PAYG.
Does mean my overnight downloads are now free?
Community Veteran

No - not until your billing date.
Superuser
Superuser

Given that there is still significant confusion on:

when / how the new product rules apply;

When the accounts of various flavours will / won't be sent for upgrade;

How long the overall upgrade process will take;

When / if the new VMBU will be better than the faulty one it is to replace;

Would the marketing department like to make a comment of which elements of the much publicised "Product refresh" were actually successful?

I'd take a bet on the statement being shorter than the FAQ's on the limitations. Smiley

Maurice
Mand
Grafter

Given that there is still significant confusion on:

when / how the new product rules apply;

When the accounts of various flavours will / won't be sent for upgrade;

How long the overall upgrade process will take;

When / if the new VMBU will be better than the faulty one it is to replace

The new products apply from your next billing date. Customers billed on 03/04/06 are on the new products. Customers billed between 04/04/06 and 07/04/06 will be moved over on Friday. From Friday onwards customers will be moved on their billing date.

Account type does not matter in terms of regrades unless of course you are an existing upto 4 and 8MB customer. The rest of the regrades will depend on how long you have been a customer.

We do not yet have dates for the completion of the regrade process, this has been discussed previously but basically depends on how many orders we can place per day and how quickly we can gain access to the bulk regrade programme.

The new VMBU is much improved and works a lot better than the previous one, however we are resolving a few issues found during the testing process before this goes live.
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for restating all of the elements I have already culled from the many post on this topic, but my post was about the innefectiveness of the Product Refresh from a marketing standpoint!

Would the marketing department like to make a comment of which elements of the much publicised "Product refresh" were actually successful?

I'd take a bet on the statement being shorter than the FAQ's on the limitations.

After all of the publicity and planning to have so many 'issues' must be embarrassing. Or is it the PlusNet house style?
Community Veteran

[This does not answer the question is PAYG still classed as upto 8MB?.

I was wondering about this too. To be absolutely specific: Will PAYG users be upgraded before Premier users paying £21.99 and BB+ users paying £14.99? (and if not, why not?)

I've just looked through this topic and the FAQ but (unless I've missed it - always possible with so many threads) I can't find a definitive answer to these questions..
Mand
Grafter

The product refresh in terms of moving customers over to new products was successful as the first batch of customers are now on the new products and the only issue thrown up was with VMBU which was identified before this went live.

I would much rather we found the issue with VMBU and resolved it before it affected a large amount of customers.

We could obviously have been a bit clearer during this week's discussions and this is something which I will be focussing on in the immediate future.
N/A

The product refresh in terms of moving customers over to new products was successful as the first batch of customers are now on the new products and the only issue thrown up was with VMBU which was identified before this went live.

Umm, in all fairness that's not really quite true is it? There's been a few other issues which have been raised, such as PlusTalk components not changing correctly (and as has been detailed in the FAQ)
Mand
Grafter

Apologies, there is an issue with some plustalk components which is being investigated. This seems to affect a very small number of users but is still being resolved. More info will follow on this.