cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECT phone disconnects DSL

N/A

I have a DECT phone (BT Studio 1100) in the master socket and a normal phone and DG834G on an extension. If the cordless phone is connected to the master socket my download speed goes down to 100k and using the phone may kill my connection all together. I bought a new microfilter to test but it looks like the phone is the culprit. When the phone is disconnected the connection runs at 1MB. I see that other people have also had probs with dect phones interfering with their broadband connection so is there a general reason why it would do this? I wish I kept my receipt...

Cheers,
Ben
10 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using a Wireless setup?? If so try experimenting with different wireless channels.
Community Veteran

I have the same DG834G router and my Philips Kala6523 DECT system does the same thing until I fitted a filtered faceplate to my master socket. Now plugging in the DECT base has no affect on SNR.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Grimbo
Grafter

I had a similar problem a while ago with my Sky boxes phoning home... Basically - if they didn't get through (which was most of the time), they would retry every 9 minutes and either kick me offline or reduce me to a crawl.

New filters were the solution (even doubling up on one filter!)
N/A

:shock: I have never ( to my knowledge ) had a problem with DECT phones. I havent lost a connection because of it, but I cannot put my hand on my heart and say my SNR is not affected.

I now have the NTL VS2000 and prior to that had a Philips setup of which both do rather well.

On the same token the main base unit has always only ever been connected on the extension ( along with my router ) and the master socket remains unused. D-Link DSL-G604T here.

Regards,
Community Veteran

What microfilter did you buy? Some of the cheaper ones don't cope with DECT phones very wel (if at all sometimes).

You need to get a decent microfilter such as:

Excelsus Z-420UK-A Dynamic ADSL Microfilter or the XF-1e Professional ADSL Microfilter

Both of which have solved DECT connection problems for other users in the past.
N/A

Just to note im using the BT MF50
N/A

Thanks for the info. I've ordered a XF-1e which should help to sort it out. Admittedly I was using one that I bought somewhere like Focus. No brand name, not even 'made in China'.... Shockedops:
aetos
Grafter

I have come accross the same problems on two occasions and unfortunately the best way round it is to change the phone. The problem can occur when the phone is "hung up" and on one of the phones (a BT model) it was possible to watch it disconnect the ADSL as it appeared to spike the line/modem. On trying a different phone the problem cleared. Try another DECT phone and see if you notice any difference...

MArk
m063
Grafter

I've ordered a XF-1e which should help to sort it out. :

I'm helping a new user with a similar setup. Did the XF-1e filter resolve the problem?
Community Veteran

Whilst I would always reccomend good filters I'm using a DECT Phone in the master socket with my DG834GT on an extension with the PN supplied filters and have no problem - this was also the case with the PN supplied Binatone ADSL 500.