cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer stats well out of date is anyone there?

Community Veteran

I have not read any issures re: non updating of customer service stats but should they really be this old. Now 4th July 6:02pm

A

Call statistics
Average call waiting
21 minutes and 12 seconds
Last updated: June 30, 2006, 8:39 am

Call queue statistics and historical call data graphs will be added to this page soon.

Customer Question handling
When a customer raises a query by phone or through the Help Assistant, we raise a 'Question' on their account. We aim to close all Questions within 4 hours.

Question Handling Statistics
Average closure time Target closure time
11 hours, 24 minutes and 11 seconds 4 hours

Connection Faults
When a customer reports a physical fault on their broadband connection, e.g. intermittent sync, we work with third parties such as the network supplier to fix the problem. Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear.

Connection faults statistics
Average closure time Target closure time
10 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 32 seconds 7 working days
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Customer stats well out of date is anyone there?

Call statistics
Average call waiting
21 minutes and 12 seconds

I reckon this is the time that CSC agents wait, on average, before they answer the phone - rather than the time customers have to wait before their call is answered.
N/A

It's what makes PlusNet's "unique, up to the minute Customer Support Statistics" so unique :lol:

Which of those stats are actually "up to the minute" any more? Since the phone one was broken by the new phone system (resulting in a once-a-day at best update) and the graphs were removed, and the other stats are only manually updated, it'd appear that it's not "up to the minute" at all.
Community Veteran

48 mins on hold. Problem now sorted it took 3 mins of a conversation but 48 to get there.

When I enquired about it being impossible to get throuogh I was informed that
"plusnet are making it more difficult to contact by phone, other than for connection type problems, in-order to make people use the web help".

Apparently this is the low cost model.

Anyone from plusnet willing to comment?

The company my wife works for have a target of answering calls in 20 SECONDS, 2 mins waiting is considered unacceptable.

I wish it was plusnet.

A
N/A

PlusNet have not hidden the fact that online self help and the ticket system is the priority at the moment.

The recent announcement from PlusNet indicated that if a customer had to phone them, then PlusNet had got it wrong.

They are driving towards the situation where telephone support is a last resort and where a customer has internet access, support should be sought, in the first instance via the help & Support section of the portal and if that does not provide the answer, then via the ticket system.

This is the model towards which they are working. Providing the level of information and help is available via the portal and providing the quality and speed of response via the ticket system is sufficient, then it should work.

Clearly if a customer has no access to the inernet then telephone support is a must, but in the main, it should be the last option as opposed to the first.

Once the knowledge base is fully built, the current backlog of issues cleared, and the restructuring of support provision is finished we can only hope that this will work as planned. Only time will tell.
Community Veteran

IN the mean time and for the future an automated your are "n" in the que and we expect to answer your call in "y" mins would be very useful for the customer.

I had my tea this evening listening to the hold music and the lady telling me every 2 mins to look online.

I do look forward to when the system is sorted but I still think that 48 mins on hold for any company is to looooong.

A
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the stats, I've asked the floor manager to update them.