cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer services Fact or Fiction

N/A

Being new to plusnet I am wondering what other users are feeling towards the issue of being misinformed by plusnet customer services
After just a few days I realised that the questions you ask are meet with anything that would try to keep the customer happy
Firstly I was not connected on time and spent the first day and a half convincing plusnet there was nothing wrong here but the fault was either thru plusnet or BT and GUESS WHAT they expected me to pay BT a hefty sum to check my line. After being informed or misinformed by the telephonist at the call centre that I would be properly compensated for the problems at their end you moved my billing date by 1 day BIG DEAL.
What is the point of plusnet staff telling you to check with BT about ADSL when you are well aware that it is not possible for mere users to contact BT Wholesale
On the subjest of p2p i asked on no less than 3 occassions [once even before I committed myself] what is peak times and would i have an unadultered connection out of peak times. On all occassions i was told it would be fine at late night/early morning. False it is no better than a 56k dial up at all times.
in fact it was so bad even doing windows updates were slow, I upgraded to Premier. [maybe that is the whole intention}
While using broadband plus found that most of the automated services do not work
i.e domain registration kept asking for payment details when i had already been debited for this service.
Even upgrading to premier i had to get on the phone and action a ticket to which no initial notice was taken
Web building tools dont work
and many more issues for which i am putting into a formal letter of complaint
FINALLY where on earth did that bit about LEAVING plusnet would cost you £50+ Because I did not see any thing about that at the sign up only after, Plus net certainly kept that well hidden from view
Let me know if this sounds familiar
17 REPLIES
N/A

I would say you are lucky if you can get customer services to reply at all! I have been asking for a MAC code for 3 days as I can get a much cheaper service elsewhere but I am just being ignored. The phone line is a joke!
N/A

get in touch with Ofcom although they can only get involved so far they do intend to point out to ISP's that mac numbers cannot be refused
Although in plusnets case they want this extortionist payment for YOU to have YOUR own telephone line back
hitachi
Grafter

mac numbers can be refused, the ofcom code is not compulsary.
N/A

I had that problem where i was told to contact bt once.

I was told by BT that, it is your ISP responsibility to contact BT whole sale.

If BT comes out to you and fined out that there is no problem with your line, then they will charge you, and it is not cheap.

The best bet is if you are not happy with plusnet, then complain to bbc watchdog.

You stand more chance if you complaining to watchdog than you do if you contact ofcom.

I complained to ofcom about plusnet and they said that, they need a lot of complaints to investigate, as they will not investigate individual complaints.

It seems to be that there is not much protection for the consumer these days Cry , so most of these companies just walk all over there customers.

If you have the time and resources, you could take plusnet to court.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Customer services Fact or Fiction

Hi,

I'm sorry that things haven't been perfect for you, maybe I can try and clear a few things up for you.

Firstly I was not connected on time and spent the first day and a half convincing plusnet there was nothing wrong here but the fault was either thru plusnet or BT and GUESS WHAT they expected me to pay BT a hefty sum to check my line.

If there is noise on the phone line then this falls under the responibility of BT Retail to resolve rather than BT Wholesale. If the fault goes to BT Wholesale we we need to ensure that if you haven't done all the tests and checks that they ask any broadband customer to do then there may be a charge for this.

This charge isn't made very often, and so long as you've done everything we've asked you wouldn't be charged. Generally the only times it happens is where the customer has said they've tried something (e.g. try the modem in the master socket) when they haven't and it turns out to be an internal wiring issue.

After being informed or misinformed by the telephonist at the call centre that I would be properly compensated for the problems at their end you moved my billing date by 1 day BIG DEAL.

If the service doesn't work from installation then we will raise what's called an Early Life Failure (ELF) which means we will credit you for the time the service didn't work. If they service is fixed the following day then this would be 1 day's credit.

What is the point of plusnet staff telling you to check with BT about ADSL when you are well aware that it is not possible for mere users to contact BT Wholesale

We would be asking you to speak to BT Retail rather than BT Wholesale if there was for example there was noise on the line.

On the subjest of p2p i asked on no less than 3 occassions [once even before I committed myself] what is peak times and would i have an unadultered connection out of peak times. On all occassions i was told it would be fine at late night/early morning. False it is no better than a 56k dial up at all times.

On Broadband Plus it's difficult for us to say when it's peak times because this is dictated by when our Broadband Plus customers are using P2P.

While using broadband plus found that most of the automated services do not work
i.e domain registration kept asking for payment details when i had already been debited for this service.
Even upgrading to premier i had to get on the phone and action a ticket to which no initial notice was taken

Both to register a domain and to upgrade an account via the portal you need a credit card on the account. As there maybe an immediate payment for both of these, which you can't do via Direct Debit, it needs the card.

Web building tools dont work

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is here, but will look into it if you want me to.

and many more issues for which i am putting into a formal letter of complaint
FINALLY where on earth did that bit about LEAVING plusnet would cost you £50+ Because I did not see any thing about that at the sign up only after, Plus net certainly kept that well hidden from view

The "You stay, we pay" offer is detailed quite clearly in the registration process, this link is presented during registration which gives more information (note if ou signed up before 1st September the prices will be different).
N/A

All very well trying to clear up this things now ( which of course you havent)
But what about the fact that you misinform at the time of sign up what chance are you going to put things write after the contract is in your mits
You seem to be misinformed as well
What is the point of some geezer promising this that or the other on the phone but when it is paid for the attitude becomes completely different
I never initially asked for compensation over your failure to connect me It was your lot who told me i would be sorted for the Inconvienience.

Did anyone else feel grieviance about this extortion to leave plus net that is so apparently clearly written

bt retail cant help at all so why do youinsist that users have to call them
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Y ou took payment for my domain before i was even connected with plusnet try checking the facts before answering So if you have taken the money beforehand why are you asking me for credit details

GET IT TOGETHER PLUSNET you are clutching at straws with every reply
Community Veteran

I'm sorry, but what is the point in compaining if you then don't give the other party a chance to fix the problem? Dave, Ben and Stew do everything they can for us, if it is found someone has been misinformed by an agent, they will always ensure the agent is informed of the correct information. Whilst plusnets advertising may be highly dubious, it is still your responsibility to read the t & c's of any service / offer you accept.

Maybe the comms team would like to go over the website with customers and see what is causing greivances and then correct that?
N/A

Maybe the comms team would like to go over the website with customers and see what is causing greivances and then correct that?

a) it would take too much time

b) there would only be images left :-)
Community Veteran

Look, I'm trying to be constructive here, this isn't about changing policies but about checking the website over to make sure it is in no way deceiving.

I put this to plusnet:

If you have a website that does not deceive people you will not have as many disgruntled customers going forward.
N/A

Daniel

truth of the matter is most of their portal is misleading, anything which is free should have a * attached next to it with the terms etc appended alongside notes etc again marked with *.

A lot of the images say free and are in fact only if you stay for 5 years.

Yyou could offer plusnet free consultation, free hosting, free staff and they would still turn you down. It is not CS staff it is a major flaw in their management style.

They used to be excellent, now they have real issues and wont listen to no-one - not even their own longstanding customers.

Every Company depends on customers to sustain themselves, yet Plusnet have done their utmost to disrespect these said customers.

I have been here for a long time and have seen the changes, wheathered the storm, but enough is enough.

Plusnet should now take a step back, look where they have gone wrong, apologise and then bring out sustainable packages. They should bring out transparent terms and conditions / offers so everyone is on an even playing field, and then start to rebuild the damage.

Until they do this, i ain't supporting their make it up on a monday morning in the board meeting attitude!

as zen said:

"6. Yes, I believe we are a better company than PlusNet (I would say that, wouldn't I!). We are determined to keep our ADSL packages simple and transparent in terms of contract conditions and cost. There are no hidden charges and you will not be forced into a restricted contract that you do not want."

how clear is that, i know exactly where i stand with them! even though i aint going to Zen they are transparent in what the staff tell the customers.
Metalguru
Grafter

What is the point of some geezer promising this that or the other on the phone but when it is paid for the attitude becomes completely different

Now this is what I find interesting.

How many others are being mis informed on the phone ?

Maybe +net have taken on some of those dodgy gents, who use to go door to door trying to talk you into changing your gas / electricty / phone / tv etc.

Q. For +Net

Have you recently taken on a new sales team ?
N/A

or possibly those who couldnt get jobs with aol and aol employees take turns in sharing a brain cell so what does that tell you
N/A

deleted
N/A

if it is found someone has been misinformed by an agent, they will always ensure the agent is informed of the correct information.

Do we have to call your staff training methodsinto question as well
who has to pay for your mistakes