cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service issue

N/A

Customer service issue

Hi,

I've just come off the phone to my friend, and I am somewhat upset with the response he has had.

After speaking about ADSL Max, he ordered Broadband Premier service last Wedndesday, seeing the "Up to 8Mbps" promotion. Since ADSL Max does not start until 31 March, I asked him to raise a ticket with Support to make sure the request would not be processed until 31 March, when ADSL Max would be active. As other ISPs are marketing ADSL Max before the event, I (obviously incorrectly) assumed that Plusnet would be similar.

He did this last Wednesday (and raised several other ones subsequently) but has had no responses to ANY of them. He phoned up today. He was told that the order has gone through, cancellation would result in a fee, and that an upgrade to ADSL Max may not happen until September!

I feel really guilty now for recommending Plusnet and disgusted by their attitude.
9 REPLIES
trigat
Grafter

Customer service issue

I've had very similar issues with CS, i have recommened serveral companies to take out their business packages, we have had numerous billing problems and technical issues with plus net, far more than we ever should have, it seems as though if the problem isn't on a script in front of CS they just ignor the problem. very bad customer service.
N/A

Customer service issue

Rather than telling Plusnet to put off the upgrade till March 31st why did he just not submit the order till then.

Surely it would have been alot easier?

However, them not answering your tickets isn't good. Also, I thought if you cancel within 30 days theres no fee for refunding?
N/A

Customer service issue

Hindsight is a brilliant thing Cry
JonathanW
Grafter

Customer service issue

Part of this does depend on which team the tickets were raised through to, as some departments don't work to the same time frames as the CSC do which can lead to some delays in tickets being answered.

If you can PM me with the username of your friend's account then I'll try and get them chased up so that responses appear on his account.

As for his package, if he's signed up for the current Up To 8mb account, then his regrade order should be submitted fairly soon, as we're upgrading these people before the bulk order is submitted.
N/A

Customer service issue

Hi,
As requested, I've PMed the information.

Mark
N/A

Customer service issue

And a great end to the story. My friend has cancelled the service, and has had to pay £80.74. I'll be keeping out of his way for a few months, and will not be recommending Plusnet again.
passer
Grafter

Customer service issue

What a disgrace.
Ziggur
Grafter

Customer service issue

And a great end to the story. My friend has cancelled the service, and has had to pay £80.74. I'll be keeping out of his way for a few months, and will not be recommending Plusnet again.

Something not right there.

The following is a cut and paste from the Residential page

"We're sure that you'll be delighted with broadband from PlusNet. If you're not completely satisfied, we'll pay for you to leave.

All of our broadband products come with a unique guarantee: if you're new to PlusNet, you'll get a relaxing 45-days to experience our broadband service to find out if it's right for you. If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider.

Once you've experienced our award-winning service and value, we're confident that you'll stay with PlusNet broadband. You can take advantage of the PlusNet Guarantee if you're new to broadband or if you are changing from another broadband provider.

With nothing to lose, why not try us today?"

Has he been asked to pay £80.74 for a router?
N/A

Customer service issue

I'll get him to look into that. Thanks.