cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Website browsing speed.

N/A

I've just signed-up with PlusNet and am waiting for migration from my existing ISP to take place. Over the past two days I have tried browsing the Customer websites, but the speed is so slow that I've just given up. Is this normal service? (If so, I've made a mistake in migrating).

Sparky.
7 REPLIES
N/A

THIS shows there where some issues, which may have reoccured.

However, I am having no toruble accessing any customer websites
N/A

Philip,

The Communities Customer Website page and all links from it (e.g. to Computers, Business, etc) continue to be painfully slow - 30 seconds per click. Could this be because I am routed through the Nildram server? Nildram, like PlusNet, provide a very fast service, but access to the PlusNet webmail and moreso to the customer webpages, are poor. All other PlusNet pages seem to be o.k.

Sparky.
csogilvie
Grafter

Do you mean the link on the left that takes you to a directory?

As that is hosted on the Portal Servers, like everything else it can be a bit slow at times.
Ianwild
Grafter

That is just a badly designed bit of code, which was the first work our current Product manager ever undertook when he was a trainee (about 6 years ago). It is slow, but it's hardly an essential service and isn't reflective of anything else!

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Colin,

No; at top LHS of the PlusNet homepage is link `View Member Centre' that takes you to a page that has link `Communities: Customer Centre' on LHS. The latter link takes you to a page that has the following five links in the lower middle of the page: The PlusNet Community, Computers, Business, Entertainment, Sport & Leisure. It is these links, and everything that comes afterwards, that takes an eternity.

Sparky.
N/A

I also am a new-comer, awaiting ADSL, and have found it so slow I've given up trying to use it. Cry
Ianwild
Grafter

We are always amazed when people raise things like this. The truth is we have forgotton about a fair bit of the 'small fish' on our website. I will raise this and see if we can't get it sorted - It needs a better designed database back-end.

Regards,