cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support Statement

N/A

Looking at the posting on the forums a fair number of users are experiencing very poor response times for tickets to be answered and problems resolved. Some users have asked for an explanation for this as the MAX upgrades were stopped a few weeks ago and 3 weeks ago a statement was released saying that the backlog had cleared up. No statement has been forthcoming. So what is new to create worst response times?
11 REPLIES
blowdart
Grafter

Well would there really be a point. You see so many statements every month and what improves?
N/A

I'm interested in what the excuse is this time.
Community Veteran

They are aware of the issue, and they are training more staff, things will get better.

Its the same record from well over a year ago unfortunately.

The main thing to remember is its not the fault of the guys on the other end of the phone, or the support agents that visit here.

So when people do get through, its not very constructive giving the agents a hard time.

Unfortunately the people responsible for creating this mess -the fact that you can no longer easily raise a support ticket, or contact someone on the phone without waiting anything up to an hour, will not visit these forums to answer the questions.

They have systematically presided over the complete destruction of anything even remotely resembling a support service - and leave the agents on the front line to take all the flak.

Its not fair that these agents have been put in this position, but Im guessing that the way PN is run, means that any compalints from these people upward will be met with little more in the way of an answer than we are given here.

I thank my lucky stars that I have had no reason to contact PN support as of late, because it seems that for all intents and purposes, it no longer exists in any reasonable form.

Alas though, I very much doubt the people that are in a position to correct this situaion would ever grace customers with their presence on here - as they would no doubt be completely unable to answer some of the most basic questions as to how they have let it deteriorate into this farce, and would pottentially leave themselves open for ridicule.

Therefore it's just the support guys we are likely to see on here - but remember its not their fault. And they will be the ones down the job centre if it all goes belly up thanks to the actions of those in ivory towers, so perhaps a bit of slack should be cut their way?
holdtight
Grafter

What he said !

And very well said it was too Wink
James
Grafter

Hi there,

It's no secret that ticket response times are considerably down on what we would refer to as an acceptable level. When Ian posted his last announcement (he's currently working on a new one), ticket levels were practically non existent. I came in and did 8 hours on that Saturday and we had people from all different departments in, although they were obviously lured in by the promise of free pizza for lunch Smiley

We're working on a number of things to try and get the response times back to where we feel that they should be. Firstly, we're going through a recruitment process which is likely to take months rather than weeks. Previously, we tried throwing extra resources at this problem, which led to poor trained new staff coming in in tens, which essentially added to the problem. Now we're recruiting in bunches of two's and ensuring that staff are well trained and of a higher standard - we're offering higher salries than previously in order to attract higher quality staff, along with the existing staff members being given payrises as recognition of their efforts.

There's a number of automation fixes going on currently too. From my perspective, the one that will help most will be automated faults. Some clever person at BT decided to completely redesign their fault raising system. I used to be able to raise faults in 55 seconds, now I'll be lucky to get them done in under 10 minutes, which obviously will add to the backlog. Once we get this automation in place, this will help dramatically reduce the number of faults waiting to be raised, and obviously freeing up resources to deal with ongoing faults at the same time.

House moves. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! We're also working on a number of fixes to our processes here to ensure that this will work more effectively. Don't get me wrong, house moves with always be a nightmare, just because of how they are dealt with by BT, but as I'm sure you can tell from reading these forums, they are a common complaint, and one of the things that we are trying to smoothen, to reduce the number of complaints regarding them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I used to be able to raise faults in 55 seconds, now I'll be lucky to get them done in under 10 minutes,

Now you know how we feel :lol:
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Though I said yes to this, I don't actually see that it would make any difference. All we've seen lately are statements that claim things will get better when infact, they're getting alot worse.

Both telephone numbers (0845 1400 200 /002 0170) lead to the same completely useless merry-go-round of choices that lead absolutely nowhere. Basically meaning the majority of us give up so much as trying after the tenth round.

The ticket system whilst being available, makes it virtually impossible to raise a ticket, let alone get a response (I've actually had to bookmark the page I found by accident (if you can access the URL, it's here by the way)
N/A

Well they're definately recruiting and trying to get people in quick, i was recently made redundant from my job so registered with all the IT agencies and had a couple come to me with network support job and the company being plus net ( i live near sheffield)

Plus net seemed to have created as many automated processes as possible to try and stop the common queries coming through to a human. This should allievate waiting times for the more complex issues.

So why hasnt this worked? Why are people still saying its taking an hour to get through to someone after being on hold?

Also people dont like automated systems and leave us a message and we'll call you back.

It seems to me that plusnet have got rather big for their own boots and some serious expansion of the support centres are needed to handle all the customers.

Anyway however bad things seem to be, it could be worse they could outsource their call centre to india!!
MysteryFCM
Grafter

With the Tiscali LLU, they've pretty much outsourced to India already ....

As for recruitment, I lost my job a few weeks ago (was an IT consultant) so if they're recruiting, they're welcome to hire me ....
James
Grafter

MysteryFCM
Grafter

Cheers James Wink