cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service (or dis-service?)

N/A

I thought that maybe Plusnet had improved on the customer service front, I was sadly mistaken. After being on hold for 15 minutes the service agent couldn't wait 1 minute for me to get my wallet out of my pocket to get my credit card number. He simply said 'I can't wait, it is not in my remit to wait for customers'
Obviously the old saying 'the customer is always right' isn't a saying that Plusnet adhere to
Sad Sad
3 REPLIES
glyndev
Grafter

Re: Customer Service (or dis-service?)

I thought that maybe Plusnet had improved on the customer service front, I was sadly mistaken.

You are not mistaken on ths point. customer service has greatly improved at +net

After being on hold for 15 minutes the service agent couldn't wait 1 minute for me to get my wallet out of my pocket to get my credit card number. He simply said 'I can't wait, it is not in my remit to wait for customers'

15 minutes in a queue is not a long time at peak times.

I can understand your dissattisfaction at the attitude of the CSR. Everyone has a bad day from time to time, and unfortunately this extends to CSR's as well which then manifests itself as impatience with customers.

I am sure that Ian or one of the other +net supervisors/management will look into this for you.

Did you get the name of the CSR ?. Ifso make a note of that and the time of the incident. If not make a note of the time and raise a ticket about this.

Obviously the old saying 'the customer is always right' isn't a saying that Plusnet adhere to
Sad Sad

Unfortunately that is an old saying that 99% of buisnesses do not adhere to in the modern world. In most situations it is a case the customer cannot be right because of the small print within a contract etc.

Which when translated into laymans terms means that "The customer is never right because if they are right it is going to cost us money".

That though, in my experience, is not the case with +net. They have had the attitude of "We will investigate before saying who is right or wrong".
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Customer Service (or dis-service?)

15 minutes in a queue is not a long time at peak times.

I can understand your dissattisfaction at the attitude of the CSR. Everyone has a bad day from time to time, and unfortunately this extends to CSR's as well which then manifests itself as impatience with customers.

I am sure that Ian or one of the other +net supervisors/management will look into this for you.

Did you get the name of the CSR ?. Ifso make a note of that and the time of the incident. If not make a note of the time and raise a ticket about this.

Yeah, if you have the name of the agent (if he took a card payment, it should be noted in link:Contact Us) then I'm sure Ian/Luke/Dave/Josh will look into it. If you don't have the name, then the CLI and the time of the call would probably help.

I would disagree with the advice of raising a ticket about it, mainly because said CSR may read it - you are generally better to PM one of Ian/Luke/Dave/Josh (whoever happens to be logged in or replies to this thread is usually a good bet) including a link to this thread.
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

I agree that you should not have been asked to call back here. Feel free to PM me the name of the agent and I will have a word with them about this. If you do not know the name the time that you called will do and I will find the information from that.

I will add that the average answer time for all the calls today is 49 seconds so you must have called at a particularly busy time, in future you might want to check this support page which gives you the number of calls and the waiting times in the support centre.

Regards,