cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service? What Customer service? Muppets!

N/A

I am absolutley fuming at the moment! I haven't been able to connect to the internet since the 20th. It's a PPPoa authentification problem, which I believe is a fault on Plus' side. Nothing seems to have been done about it. My DSL light is on and it shows that I am conneceted but it's the PPPoa thats failing.

I asked Plus for my MAC Code on Friday via phone, they told me to request it via a ticket on the website. So between Friday and this morning I must have opened up 3 or 4 tickets requesting my MAC code. A process which should only take a few hours according to one of the customer care team. Only to be told today that I cannont get a MAC code as I have been moved on to LLU? And my connection is still down. Could the customer service agent not have told me this when I called in!?!? WTF??

Is this really acceptable? Plus always try to fob off their problems blaming it on your equipment and BT. But i know there is nothing wrong on my side. It's just plus can't be bothered to sort out my problem! I am not happy paying for a service which I am not getting, does anyone else have any experience of claiming back money?

Plus have lost another customer and I will certainly be telling my referals about the virtually non exsistent customer service they have. I am off to Eclipse.

Evil
23 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Customer Service? What Customer service? Muppets!

Plus have lost another customer and I will certainly be telling my referals about the virtually non exsistent customer service they have. I am off to Eclipse.
Evil

I find it unbelievable that a company would lose a customer rather than fix the problem. :?
craigbrass
Grafter

If your not getting anywhere with CS via tickets / phone, simply PM one of the Comms Team here on the forums. You should get a bit more done about it that way.
N/A

Cheers! How do I find out who is part of the Comms team??

At the begining of the week I was just worried about getting my connection up and running. But i'm just not bothered about it now. I just want to cancel my account and leave as soon as possible!! This experience coupled with the last few incidents has forced me to move to another supplier! Shame really as I think i've been with plus for almost 3 years now. But it seems like Plus really don't value their customers at all! Cry
passer
Grafter

N/A

Post subject: Customer Service? What Customer service? Muppe

i know exactly what your going through jigga, I've not had a connection since Sunday 18th June, as I keep asking for updates and all they say is that it has been passed to BT with no indication of how long it takes...

I have been with PlusNet for 4years and I am also looking to leave asap, as the service is ridiculous compared to other ISP's....I had to sort out a braodband connection for a friend recently which had a few problems with their line, and their ISP provider at least provided good responses within 24hrs, which is reasonable, and called back if they did get back within the time they promised...I have been told since Sunday 18th I would get a response within 72hrs and still waiting!!! I think saying that BT are lookign it is, is just passing the buck, they shoudl be chasing them up...but PN really does not care about customer service..

I have asked for a MAC code as well, the same issue, cannot issue me with one now, as they've switch me to LLU, and they've recommended that I don't move until the problem Ihave with the line is sorted out..

Shame I'm going because I've been with PN for 4 years, and thought they were OK. I also recommended them to a few other friends which is a shame, however I will now be letting them know my bad experiences..
N/A

If your not getting anywhere with CS via tickets / phone, simply PM one of the Comms Team here on the forums. You should get a bit more done about it that way.

Do they really spend all day PM'ing each other and ignoring the tickets then?!?!?!
N/A

Oh, just a week...

What about a MONTH without a connection. :shock:

Sorry just being sarcastic.

But just for you guys to know same PPP prodlem with working dsl connection but for a month...yep.
N/A

Just got back from work and surprise surprise my connection is still down!

I left a pm for Mandy last night but nothing yet! I'm not going to start complaining about it yet as she may be away or whatever! Time to send a pm to someone else!

Just out of interest who are you guys going to move over to??

If they tell me to wait for them to sort it out before I leave I am going to give them a real mouth full! I'm not one for swearing let alone complaining. But this whole issue has wound me right up!
N/A

If you are on LLU you'll have to do a "cease and reprovide" which will cost a fair bit. HOWEVER Plusnet are supposed to give you notice of transfer to llu with the option of refusing to be transferred, if they haven't done this then ask them to pay for the move.
N/A

Do they really spend all day PM'ing each other and ignoring the tickets then?!?!?!

Sometimes it seems like that (!) but I'm pretty sure the Comms Team have a different job description to the CSC staff - mostly involving lubricating the gears to keep the hamster wheels running fast enough at PN towers - but seriously, they are involved with communications, both within the firm to identify problems and flag up sensible solutions for their colleagues to use in answering customers, and with customers to identify the source of technical problems, and where things are getting "beyond a joke" as well...
N/A

Can anyone please give me the address that I need to write in to cancel my account please? I not wasting my time or money waiting on the phone for an answer to this! Cheers!
N/A

This is the point where you realise - with sinking heart - that you
inadvertently signed up for the year long contract rather than the
cancel at a months notice one..

Sad
N/A

This is the point where you realise - with sinking heart - that you
inadvertently signed up for the year long contract rather than the
cancel at a months notice one..

Sad

Luckily not for me! I am on a monthly contract! Well I hope so anyway!! But you never know with Plus, they may haved moved me over to a yearly contract without teliing me!!!!
N/A

Please dont tell me this is repeated for most customers.

Can't be all that bad as ADSL Guide shows Plus Net to be quite reasonable for customer service, due to user ratings.

I've just moved from Pipex, (as i've left home)

And decided to go for Plus as they seem the most reasonable in terms of Value.

However seeing all these messages doesnt exactly fill me with confidence.

I will keep a close eye on my order and make sure that things go smoothly, as moving house is stressful enough as it is!