cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Forum: 10th Dec: Response by Jeremy (f9 customer)

N/A

Customer Forum: 10th Dec: Response by Jeremy (f9 customer)

Hello all, i am sorry this has taken longer than i wanted to, but any how, here it is.

Some of the question's we did not have time to get answered on the day, however I have tried to get as many as i could! Some answers have been from Jonathan (Comms team) been received by email after the event.

Can i add, i did enjoy most of the day, and hope I represented most of the views on f9, I would like to say a thank you for plus net for the day, they did not have to do it in the first place, and shows that the company is listening now, I done the best part of 700 miles for the weekend, and I think it was worth it.

Ok, intro over, the question and answer session.

--------------------------

Here's one for you guys to ask:

Why does it seem I have to visit third party websites to find up-to-date information on announcements, services, implementations, account changes etc.

All posts and infomation are made via the f9/plusnet/fonline boards first. Then the other boards will be used, like for example adslguide

Your other question will be answerd later on.... lefted that responce at home.

Yes please!

Would it not be better for Plusnet/Force9 to poll customers on proposed changes and publish the results instead of making changes unilaterally which they claim to be in our interests?

Yes and no was the answer to this one, on some issues, or new products, then this method could be used, however, this was felt that it could not be used all the time.

Also, why do Plusnet/Force9 not email customers on all speed and capping changes? Emailing is easy and automatable and already used for all billing and other similar announcements. Most users (by a long way) do not read these discussion boards.

This method would not be used because it would take to long to complete, over a week to email all customers of the company.

And of course - why do Force9 not provide backup and management for their ccgi service which is a growingly key part of many customers' web requirements?

There is new servers in place for the cgi, which are backup automaticlly.

I'm already half way out the door, but I have suggested to F9 that they publish a list of software which is not compatible with ellacoya, to no avail.
If your prefered software is not going to work, you need to know, in order to make an "informed decision" as to whether to remain with them.

As far as I'm aware (jonathan from comms), all software should be compatibile with the ellacoays, as they are essentially just a network switch that carries out inspection on the packets. Though to double check I've passed this through internally.

-
- A backup script / way of backing up data between force9 servers. The cgi servers are an added feature which people take a lot of time over. There is a lot of frustration in regard to the problems that have been experienced over the years. Help us help avoid you the PR nightmare.

F9 have already raised an internal suggestion to get a backup script added to the site, that people can customise. But in the short term, Joanthan from the comms team have put one which he uses on the web for people to look at. http://www.jwhiting.plus.com/script.txt

- I would have liked a mail to say that you'd trashed my site... it's only curteous.

It isn't the policy of f9/plusnet to email people regarding service issues, as this is what the service status tool is for. Though we have taken this feedback on board should future situations merit it.

Also, as a light user who uses < 4Gb bw per month, I'm peeved that 'traffic shaping' has impacted on me the way it has. Wouldn't it have been fairer to have a bw max of say 6-8Gb per month where we are all equal and then have capping?

When it comes to Premier accounts, this is what's been covered under the Updated Vision. PayGo accounts already have this, and for Plus accounts it depends on what type of data you're transfering and at what time of day.

And of course - why do Force9 not provide backup and management for their ccgi service which is a growingly key part of many customers' web requirements?

F9 do provide an internal backup. However, due to the particular issues that occured recently, the backup actually backedup empty files, meaning that it wasn't possible to recover in this instance.

Thanks Jeremy.