cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custome Service Standards

N/A

:twisted:
Up until this week I have been perfectly happy with the service received from Plus.Net. Sadly recently that changed.

As an existing customer using 56k dial-up I have had very few problems, so when the date was released for my local exchange to be activated for ADSL, I put my order in with Plus.Net. Everything was going swimmingly up until the activation date of 3rd September, then............................nothing. No service. Not a flicker. And far more importantly.......no call from Plus.Net to say what the problem was.

Many calls to the Customer Services department proved unproductive, and in the end I resorted to calling BT. After at least 20 calls to 20 different departments, and after being told that I need to speak to my ISP as BT Wholesale was not 'customer facing', I finally managed to find out that the problem COULD have been due to capacity problems at my exchange. I then forwarded this information onto Plus.Net asking them to confirm this with.......wait for it........no reply. Only after another 10 calls or so did someone there actually confirm what I had found out.

The latest situation is that Plus.net cannot tell me why my order was put to one side (even though it must have been one fo the first orders on the exchange) and how long I will have to wait. How ironic is it that i was the campaigner for Broadband in the community, who then choses an ISP which has proved to be so unprofessional.

Although I can understand that al lot of what BT does is outside the control of the ISP, what I do object to is not being told before the expected activation date that there was going to be delay. Work at exchanges are booked and scheduled weeks in advance, and the users to be activated are also known. So why wasn't I told in advance that 'sorry, you're going to have to wait a bit longer'? Why wasn't I called on the activation date to say there was a problem? Why did I have to do all the digging around with BT to find out exactly what the problem was? Why do you have to pay the activation fee of 60 odd quid, and not have an active line for MONTHS? all these questions I have raised in the Contact Us section of the website, and it's 2 days later and I have had no repsonse................suprise suprise. I'm now in the unenviable position of having to leave my order open with Plus.Net or risk having to go right to the back of the waiting list.

While I am disappointed at not having an active ADSL line when promised, I can accept that this is mostly down to BT. What disappoints me more is to have such an unhelpful Customer Services department. Things go wrong in all companies, including my own. It's how you deal with the problem and keep the customer happy which is the key. With such a competitive market for ADSL products now in place, I think Plus.Net will have to dramatically improve their standards if they expect to be around much longer.

I consider the duty of the customer to inform the supplier when things are going wrong, otherwise how do they know? So please use the poll to let Plus.Net know how many others out there have experienced similar problems.

Thanks.

A disappointed Plus.Net customer.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Im also disapointed that my line wasnt regraded yesterday as the ticket sugested it would be and the person on the customer services line said it should be yesterday as well. Now dont get me wrong I know that this isnt Plusnets fault as they are waiting on BT but surely they have the means to get more definate information from bt, certainly more information than I would be able to get trying to talk to them directly.

Other than that issue though i've been more than happy with the service I've had Smiley
N/A

It's the lack of contact and information which REALLY bugs me. After all.....we pay money to an ISP to sort all this out for us......don't we?

By the way, there were 3 polling options, but for some reason only 2 are visible the last time i looked!
N/A

Had to use support for the first time in in 18 months yesterday and it was a serious Faux pas on my part. Put a topic on the forum and within a minute Peter V had replied , got through to support and the guy at the other end said he would sort it, he did. The longest wait was the damn phone, so full marks from me.
N/A

CSS

As a new customer of Plus.net I thought I would add my comments to this forum.
My exchange was due to be upgraded on 25th August, according to BT's site the upgrade was completed on the date specified.I placed the order on the 26th and ADSL was active on the 29th.

Throughout the ordering process I was kept up to date with all steps and I cannot fault the CS team for their help with the few queries that I had prior to joining Plusnet.

If you think plusnets CS are bad try going with an ISP that does not have any online status of orders or transfers you to a callcentre in India. Hence the reason for joining Plus.net

Unfortunately your call seems to have been put at the bottom of the pile.
N/A

Dont me wrong I think plusnet is the best isp in the uk. I wouldnt be with them otherwise Smiley
N/A

Thanks for the replies. It is good to hear that there are satisfied customers out there. I was suprised at the service i received as various reviews had rated plus.Net highly. Perhaps I'm the odd case that happens from time to time!

I'll post any developments once they happen.
N/A

been with Plus.Net for what seems like an eternity now, after being recommended by a colleague at work, neither of us have had any problems, the odd niggle here n there yea, but in general, it has been more than satisfactory Smiley

the things I like PN for are stuff like they have their own forum, 24/7 phone lines, webcams for when I am bored and wondering if the staff are behaving themselves Smiley .... yes I am watching you...... Wink

Chris
Dizzley
Grafter

Over the last year I've had lots of tickets raised. Some of them were because of me being a numpty, others were around the products and I had ADSL last Nov.

Customer Service have always previously got back to me but this last 2 weeks I have had a regrade to 1MB requested. Once the ticket with BT was raised and the due date arrived there was no update. But I got the regrade 24hrs late so I'm happy.

I appreciated the "there may be a delay" notification on the ticket, then looking at these forums I adjusted my expectations Wink and relaxed. In the end I just had to wait an extra 12 hours or so. The upgrade actually happened about 1700. I figure that just for once the regrade team got totally stuffed by the demand.

So it's not perfect but I'm willing to forgive in these circumstances. What would have been ideal was some sort of update at 0930 on the morning in question.

Well done team,
Pete
N/A

I agree with disley, it's not neccessarily the fact that a service won't be activated quite on time, it's the not being told what's going on and why that I've found really fustrating.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but no sign of ADSL yet Sad
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

Extended reach and our own pricing changes has meant we have had a 1000% fold increase in regrade requests in the last two weeks, with about 1,000 Regrades / Upgrades being processed per day currently. Each regrade has to be manually placed on BTs systems (Apart from most new ones, which have just been automated) and there have been major problems with these BT systems for the last week... That is the reason for all of the delays. At this time we have about 500 outstanding unactioned regrade requests, which we are placing as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when over 20,000 customers decide they
want an upgrade (And they all want it NOW!)... At the end of the day, BT are
as unable to cope as we are at the moment, so however long it takes us to
action these tickets, there is likely to be a delay at BTs side too.
All I can ask for is some patience at what is the busiest time in our history and a time which has seen the CSC workload triple overnight.

It would be great if we could update every ticket with a "Delayed" message, but the reality is that this takes nearly as long as just actioning the tickets, so we might as well check the progress of orders properly rather than guessing the status of everybody current waiting for a migration (There are many thousands in progress still.

I would welcome any suggestiosn you folks have for tackling this or presenting better information?

Regards,

Ian
N/A

it definatly seams that the current ticket information about regrades leaves customers wondering what is going on.

Maybe just a pre written message explaining that you are waiting for BT to finish their work and you will check back with them soon etc.
N/A

Well, rather than updating every single ticket why not just have a news/status page update.
Dizzley
Grafter

Yes Ian - what about a "traffic light" on the Contact Us page for Customer Service disruptions?

20,000 updrades is quite a blip in demand isn't it?

Pete
A satisfied customer
jberry
Grafter

In an ideal world, the progress of the regrade would be viewable through the ADSL tracker on the portal, and now that we have an XML system in place this is something we may be able to do going forwards (and I have raised this as an idea for future development).

This change in limits and pricing has created a huge amount of work for us and, even more so, for BT - if we have this many regrades going through I dread to think what BT have had to deal with! It is a good job that changes on this scale don't happen every week.

Regards,