cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cust Care, loss of service, F9 T & C Private Data exposu

N/A

I was told by a email from Force 9 via email in a way of a appologie, they had sent out a email from support which went to 1800 other inboxes but not mine.
This contained my email address for my account with username & my alternat e email address.

Force 9 Terms & Conditions being broken clause 19. There mistake and invasion of privacy bla bla bla.

When I joine F9 premier broadband I read before joining this service that if I was not satisfied with the service they would foot the bill for me to move to another ISP

then there is a few days loss of service I have encountered since joining in May 06 and loosing my emials as well of you other guy's & Gal's then sending the mail intended for me to other people its just a joke.

Ok, then there s the Tech phone numbers especially the premium rate number for Premier Broadband, they do not answer this phone I have tried on several occasions and eventually the line just cuts you off the other number go through the menus then eventuall getting somwhere they just cut you off.

Where is Customer Support ? have they a big room with lots of phones and computers with cobwebs drapped over and a load of Heiniken beer cans cluttering up the place and no staff ? Or have they had there phone lines cut off ?

Ok, I requested to cancel my service ASAP especially due to the sending my details to other Force 9 plusnet Group customers. They want to bill me £291 for their mistake.

Sorry Force 9 you do not seem to understand what Data Protection and a Terms & Condition Contract is.

Can other Force 9 users please drop in to my posting and let me know if you are being hammered with spam if you are one of the other 3,500 users where Force 9 think the world would like your private details.

Internet Serivce Providers are suppose to protect there customers online with reasonable care (T & C's again) no negliance again.

I am currently seeking legal advise as I am a business also and cannot afford any risk of online fraud which is a possiblity because of this blunder.

Again, force 9 mistakes and a liabilty to protect us the customer in english means if they break a T & C there are breaking the law and to expect a customer to cancel their account by charging them the FULL BILL you are not within your rights to charge me the full wack. Compensation and a letter in writting of appologie. I will not be recomending them to my customers.

Evil
5 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

This was an obvious breach of the T&C's and as long as your are one of those affected you should be entitled to terminate your contract.

Depending on the package you originally signed up for you may still have to pay for the equipment if you chose a deferred payment option but you certainly shouldn't have to pay the remaining months from the contract.
N/A

I am assuming you have taken a annual contract and not a monthly contract. The money they are asking for will be your activation and equipment (if you took the deferred payment option) and remainder of the 12 months subscription. i.e. If you have been here 6 months on a £20 contract, they will want £120 + deferred costs from you to let you go.

Under a breach of the terms and conditions, you are able to leave without penalty any remaining months left in a annual contract. Please note though, any deferred activation, equipment or migration costs must be paid as these do not form part of the breach of contract in as much as you have had the activation, had the equipment of received the migration.

F9/ +Net have yet to admit they have breached the T&C's, instead referring anyone with a complaint to the Information Commissioner. I would suggest a letter (James has already said earlier today that questions about this episode will not be answered in the usual manner) stating the breach of T&C's and that as such you wish to exercise your right to leave with no penalties.

HTH

Mark
N/A

Thanks guys, I meet with my legal team on Fridays so I will be printing off every email and ticket text extraction from even the weeks jsut before I signed upto Premier Broadband.

I also have a contacts with x but keeping stumm till my people advise me.

I have the Annual contract, with monthly £21.99 for Premier Option 1. Activation & Modem offer.

My deferred activation cost is £72.00 Can live with that but for compensation from them posting my other email address which is not a Force 9 acount they are liable to this and cause me problems with security issues etc.

Communication from me as a user and as I think you other persons out there find comunicardo with Force 9 Plus Net group very poor and near ipossible.

They do not read any tickets fully, the items I noted they have totally ingored.

I requested to be contacted by there customer service representive which at present hasn't happed as they need legal advice to bail themselves out and call centre staff have not the aurthority sort this legal problem out. Until there given a script to read.

Later guys & Regards
N/A

Voyager 105 USB Modem not suitable for 8MB speeds!

I have just found out apparently the BT Voyager 105 Modem does not support bradband speeds upto the 8MB speeds.

Wonder if this is acurate information I have from BT Wholesale dept ? Can someone confirm if they have bradband and can reach a Problematic FREE connection near or up to 8Mb with this modem.

Is it another tick on the list ?
astarsolutions
Grafter

The voyager 105 is the standard one given out an all the AOL packages and that is up to 8Mb so it should be OK.
Perhaps the ones BT are giving out to their customers have an old firmware revision that doesn't support the higher speeds.