Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current speed lower

kenny
Grafter

Current speed lower

I`ve been with F9 for a while now and have just changed my line
and phone over to F9 so all my broadband/phone is with you.

It changed a few weeks ago. I noticed when BT was my phone supplier my speed I was seeing was 6500 Kbps when I looked in
my account broadband speed/settings

Now I`m seeing its dropped down to 6000 and was the other day
so it seems to be coming in a bit slower now any reason?? Or is there anything I can do my end.

Nothing has changed with the phone my side?

My Account is showing this now

Your High-speed Broadband Service

Your current broadband speed is 6000 Kbps
6 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Current speed lower

I imagine the profile speed has dropped to 6000kbps because your sync speed recently fell below 7392kpbs. There's an explanation of the sync speed/profile speed relationship here.

If you post your line stats (sync speed, noise margin and attenuation) here that would facilitate further comment. If you are uncertain how to obtain the stats check Kitz's guide.

Posting actual throughput results from a speed text (e.g. the PN test available here) would also assist further comment.

David
David
kenny
Grafter

Current speed lower

I imagine the profile speed has dropped to 6000kbps because your sync speed recently fell below 7392kpbs. There's an explanation of the sync speed/profile speed relationship here.

If you post your line stats (sync speed, noise margin and attenuation) here that would facilitate further comment. If you are uncertain how to obtain the stats check Kitz's guide.

well the results are got are:-

Quick Start
This page is used to connect/disconnect to ADSL.
Connection Status
Online Time 7:43:25
Data Transmitted 4178603 bytes
Data Received 40404731 bytes
Downstream Speed 7616 Kbps
Upstream Speed 448 Kbps

Posting actual throughput results from a speed text (e.g. the PN test available here) would also assist further comment.

5787 kbps its say from this site

David
Superuser
Superuser

Current speed lower

The actual download speed you mentioned is fine for a 6000kbps profile. As you will have seen your current sync speed is 7616kbps; since MaxADSL is rate adaptive if you can re-sync above 7392kbps once per day for 3 days the profile should return to 6500kbps; this should give an extra 500kbps on actual speed. I've just measured 6312kbps on a 6500kbps profile/7392kbps sync.

The noise margin on my Belkin F5D9630-4 router at the moment is 9.8db (downstream) but during the evening this drops to around 6db which is the minimum needed to maintain sync. The numbers you quoted didn't include noise margin (this might be on a different screen in the modem displays - what make and model is it?). Checking the noise margin through the evening including after dark would provide useful information on the likelihood of noise-related re-syncs.

David
David
N/A

Current speed lower

You are on interleaving so that is the MAX sync/profile(not sure about profile though as i have forgotten that segment of the table) you can attain if you were of interleaving you would probably get a sync of 8128kbps and a higher profile although you might also get more errors. There is an article here and on Kitz somewhere.

All new MAX lines are placed on interleaving now Sad
kenny
Grafter

Current speed lower

The actual download speed you mentioned is fine for a 6000kbps profile. As you will have seen your current sync speed is 7616kbps; since MaxADSL is rate adaptive if you can re-sync above 7392kbps once per day for 3 days the profile should return to 6500kbps; this should give an extra 500kbps on actual speed. I've just measured 6312kbps on a 6500kbps profile/7392kbps sync.

snip

David

well just switched my machine back on about midnight hey presto just checked and it says:-

Your High-speed Broadband Service

Your current broadband speed is 6500 Kbps

back to the speed before ;-)
Superuser
Superuser

Current speed lower

Glad to hear that. Cheesy
David