cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Usage II

suec45
Grafter

Crazy Usage II

Since the reports from others about crazy usage have been coming in, so our usage seems to have gone through the roof.

Nothing has changed in our internet habits,

I dont know how that when in the past we have used around 30-40gb a month for nearly a year (almost all off peak), and now all of a sudden last month it was over 50gb and this month its over 50 after 2 weeks!!

Did anything get resolved in the crazy usage threads, and if so could the PN guys check our account because I htink something has gone wrong.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Crazy Usage II

The reports of crazy usage were specific to BB+ customers, as you are on Premier the usage is all attributed to your IP and connection, therefore will be accurate to what has actually passed through your connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
suec45
Grafter

Crazy Usage II

Hmmm, maybe we got so used to the slow speed from P2P that now after the better speeds the past 2 months, when we leave it on overnight it uses up a lot more..

Still wondering where 10mb of usenet traffic comes from tho! Cheesy Never used it, ever.
N/A

Crazy Usage II

10MB could just be background traffic, pings/portscans on the line, mis-identified traffic, a range of reasons.

In any case it's so small it's insignificant.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Crazy Usage II

Well looks like my reply has been pre-empted.

This link might help though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team