cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crayford LLU - when are you going to fix it plusnet?

N/A

A mate, who I recommended to plusnet, lost his connection about Tues last week.

The modem shows ADSL is syncing, but that ATM OAM and the PPP layer is down.

He reported the issue on Friday and got back some standard message that:

a) He had been (obviously unsuccessfully) migrated to LLU.

and

b) There was a problem - but it was now fixed.

So, he spent 49 mins in a queue yesterday, just to talk to a chap who said that there was nothing further he could do - which is not very helpful.

We have tried all the usual suspects - like checking that he is running PPPoA for example, but to no avail.

I suppose that anyone else on the Crayford exchange can't respond - because their Plusnet broadband is probably down as well - but if anyone is on Crayford LLU and currently running fine - I would be grateful if you could shout - so that we can narrow this down.

Thanks.
8 REPLIES
N/A

My number is prefixed with a Crayford dailing code (01322), so I assume I'm on that exchange! I have been disconnected since the 6th July. PN have sent me a suppliers fault ref no in the past, but other than that I'm in the dark. I also know that I've been migrated to Tiscali ULL (got the notification two days after my connection went down, LOL)

I didn't know it was a problem with the whole exhange though, thought it was a setting issue at their end with certain users.

Best wishes,

Paul
N/A

Maybe this is why.Apparently Crayford is not Tiscali LLU enabledHuh

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php?p=llu

P
N/A

Thanks for your fast response.

Can someone from Plusnet - Mandy Becket? - please tell us what is going on with the Crayford Exchange and what Plusnet are going to do to restore connectivity to your customers who (were ) connected to it.

Thanks.
N/A

Similar problem

I've been offline for 3 weeks now and have just discovered that my exchange (SALE) is also not enabled for Tiscali LLU.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=MRSAL

If someone from Plusnet is investigating the problems with the Crayford exchange and finds that this is the cause, could they please follow it through with the SALE exchange.

Cheers
James
Grafter

It just a case of Sam not actually knowing which exchanges are activated by which providers. It's not the gospel.

Trying to chase up the outage atm.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Ah - just down the road from me!

01322 is officially the area code for Dartford, though it extends quite a way from where 020 8 ends at around the Bexleyheath/Barnehurst area. It could mean you're connected to a number of exchanges though - for example I am on a 01322 number at Belvedere but connected to the Erith exchange. This seems to have no LLU whatsoever, which if my connection there had been with PlusNet seems like a blessing in disguise.

So 01322 could mean Crayford, Erith also Dartford and I guess possibly a few other exchanges as well. My parents with PlusNet are on 020 8xx connected to Woolwich. I've no idea if LLU is enabled there, but if they complain their connection has suddenly stopped working, then I think I am safe to assume it is enabled and PlusNet have attempted to change them across.
N/A

Hi there,

Many thanks for the extra info.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

If you follow the above link, you can find out precisely what exhange you're on by entering your number or postcode. I suspected Crayford, but wasn't sure.

I can't help but wonder why PN would switch us to an exchange that isn't enabled for the intended service. Surely checks would be done firstHuh Maybe this is just an error/outdated info and the exhange is enabled, but not properly configured??

I'm really missing my connection now!!! It's most inconvenient. It had been such a good stable connection in the past to!!

Come on PN, you've been such a great company up to now, Kick Tiscali up the backsides, or put us back on the good old BT 2 meg line.......please!

Regards,

Paul
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I seem to remember reading that for some unknown reason Tiscali don't make a list of their LLU'ed exchanges publicly available (though other operators do). So the information from Samknows and elsewhere is compiled from third-party information - so may be out of date. This is the case when they enable another exchange, but the information has not yet been updated to reflect this.

So I'd imagine it is enabled, just broken. I wouldn't have thought PlusNet would have attempted a move on a non-enabled exchange. Then again, given the way things are going there is very little they could do which would surprise me.