cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crap service and refund problems

N/A

Crap service and refund problems

I have had a ***** service so far from PLUSNET.

I had NTL and it is only because I had heard from rumours that their service was so bad that I decided to cancel, connect to BT and use PLUSNET services.. I am really thinking I should have stayed with them....
Point1:
I had major problems with my ADSL Router (it was supposed to be a new Router but was a Discontinued model !) it didn't work and the Helpdesk just kept asking the same questions AND NOT reading the responses that I wrote on the ticket. This carried on for nearly 3 weeks before I just got fed up and bought my own ADSL Router from Maplin's and vola! it worked!Just as well I was IT literate and helped myself.... God help other users who are not knowledgable in IT and they get similar problems.
Point2:
I was asked to send the router back and that they would refund the money for the router and I sent it back via recorded delivery which Royal Mail have confirmed was delivered to the requested address and now they advise me that they have not received it!!! The same response seems to be repeated on the ticket "chasing with supplier will look at it next day, next week".
This is one of the worse experience I have had with a company
Not only did they take my money for a month with no service, and have had to resolve the problems myself but now they seem to want to hold onto the refund for discontinued router which I have returned to them.
Has anybody had similar problemHuh
I shall certainly not be refering people to PLUSNET.

PISSED of Customer!
5 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: ***** service and refund problems

Well for one i have had a first class service from plus.net with no problems at all, at lot of people have had problems with there hardware so what i did is read the forums first (signed up for a free account) and bought my own.

cUnDaLl
--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

Dear Customer

If you were to attach a proof of delivery note or Royal Mail Delivery certificate to a contact us ticket we would be able to push for your refund.

Please accept our appologies for any lack in service that you may feel you have experienced.

Regards
Mike

--
| Mike Jianikos Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

Harry

I understand your frustration. With all the problems I have had with Plusnet you would think that they would do the honourable and right thing and reinburse my £71 that they took from me on 12-12-02 but some support person named Imran Patel who has no understanding of these matters just returns the bog standard "no".

All I want is to move my hosted domains out, get my money back and close my account as soon as possible. If they dont close the account I will have 3 months of posting coments here ! Of course I will be promoting Plusnet.
N/A

Hey you guys.... you must be my plus-net-doubles! I ordered a startup pack, and after three weeks of bouncing between plusnet and BT, I finally got an engineer round to the house to determine that the modem and splitters must be faulty.... I broke at this point, and after getting virtually no help atall from the afore-mentioned plusnet representative, I went and bought a router from maplins, and voila I was online!... I have yet to send my faulty equipment back to plusnet, and after reading these messages, I am considering whether it would be a good Idea or not.
Maybe I should go down to plusnet headquarters and get a photo of me handing it in to the receptionist! If recorded delivery is not reliable, then what is!?!?!

As far as the refund goes... My situation is more complicated. I will not be referred until I have returned the goods. I have to change my contract from the 32.99 that I pay now, to the 22.99 I should pay as a result of obtaining my own equipment. I intent to get compensation for the month that I received no service.... and an apology from plusnet for their increasingly useless customer service.

I have recently received a series of ticket replies EVERY ONE STATING THAT THE TICKET HAS BEEN PASSED ON TO SOMEONE ELSE..., or that it can't be actioned just now.... There must be more tickets bouncing round that call-centre from these 'forwardings' than actual complaints from customers... I dispair!

Anyway... I now have a decent connection, but am waiting for future hassles to take a grip, and for my connection to start messing up!
Wish me luck for when I send the starter-pack back... we should keep in touch regarding how long it takes to get reimbursed...

Regards,
patrick.

> Harry
>
> I understand your frustration. With all the problems I have had with Plusnet you would think that they would do the honourable and right thing and reinburse my £71 that they took from me on 12-12-02 but some support person named Imran Patel who has no understanding of these matters just returns the bog standard "no".
>
> All I want is to move my hosted domains out, get my money back and close my account as soon as possible. If they dont close the account I will have 3 months of posting coments here ! Of course I will be promoting Plusnet.

N/A

> Hey you guys.... you must be my plus-net-doubles! I ordered a startup pack, and after three weeks of bouncing between plusnet and BT, I finally got an engineer round to the house to determine that the modem and splitters must be faulty.... I broke at this point, and after getting virtually no help atall from the afore-mentioned plusnet representative, I went and bought a router from maplins, and voila I was online!... I have yet to send my faulty equipment back to plusnet, and after reading these messages, I am considering whether it would be a good Idea or not.
> Maybe I should go down to plusnet headquarters and get a photo of me handing it in to the receptionist! If recorded delivery is not reliable, then what is!?!?!
>
> As far as the refund goes... My situation is more complicated. I will not be referred until I have returned the goods. I have to change my contract from the 32.99 that I pay now, to the 22.99 I should pay as a result of obtaining my own equipment. I intent to get compensation for the month that I received no service.... and an apology from plusnet for their increasingly useless customer service.
>
> I have recently received a series of ticket replies EVERY ONE STATING THAT THE TICKET HAS BEEN PASSED ON TO SOMEONE ELSE..., or that it can't be actioned just now.... There must be more tickets bouncing round that call-centre from these 'forwardings' than actual complaints from customers... I dispair!
>
> Anyway... I now have a decent connection, but am waiting for future hassles to take a grip, and for my connection to start messing up!
> Wish me luck for when I send the starter-pack back... we should keep in touch regarding how long it takes to get reimbursed...
>
> Regards,
> patrick.
>
>
>
> > Harry
> >
> > I understand your frustration. With all the problems I have had with Plusnet you would think that they would do the honourable and right thing and reinburse my £71 that they took from me on 12-12-02 but some support person named Imran Patel who has no understanding of these matters just returns the bog standard "no".
> >
> > All I want is to move my hosted domains out, get my money back and close my account as soon as possible. If they dont close the account I will have 3 months of posting coments here ! Of course I will be promoting Plusnet.
>
>
Hi,
Still having major problems with my refund.. I have sent them the Royal Mail reference number and you can just check the delivery status by just logging onto the Royal Mail website. Now after all this time they are now asking me to provide proof of delivery !! Why the hell didn't they ask in the first plave instead of wasting over 2 weeks and wasting my time! The Support staff must be sent on special courses on HOW to waste customers time and HOW to upset and wind-up customers... I wonder if they would do the same if the Customer was only allowed to pay once they are happy with the service..I DON"T THINK SO....
These people just seem to hide between E-mail and updates on their site...
Does anybody know Plusnet's Managing Director's name and address so that I can write and advise him of the whole sorry episode..maybe he is not aware of the way Customer problems are resolved. I would be extremely glad of this info... it's got to be worth a try.