cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't connect Monday 4th Sep

bj
Grafter

Anyone know if anything happened yesterday afternoon?

I got home about 7pm and couldn't get a login connection for over an hour.

My modem was syncing and it looked like I got a connection to PN. Username and password were being verified but kept getting "unable to establish connection".

There was nothing on the service status phone line. And I see nothing on the service status web page today.

I'm in Cambridge (eacam exchange).
9 REPLIES
N/A

How interesting....My normaly solid connection (stays up for weeks if not months at a time) Went down twice yesterday. the evening drop was for at least an hour. I checked the service status when i got reconnected but there was no report of any problems, so i put it down to BT.
Im in Cornwall (Otteram station exchange) and have been MAX'ed for months.
gollum
Grafter

Intermittent connection 4/5th September

I have an 8M MaxDSL connection which is normally extremely stable staying up for months at a time. Starting yesterday morning I have suffered prolonged periods without connection. No service at 7:00am both yesterday and today.

Router remains synced but fails to negotiate a PPP connection. After at least 10 breaks, the connection reestablished at 10:30 this morning and has remained up for over 4 hours.

Will see what tomorrow brings. Interesting to see if this problem is confined to my line or more general in nature.
thejudge
Grafter

I got exactly the same problem when you did (between 7 and 8 on Monday evening). I could dial through, but it just wouldn't authenticate.

It took about half an hour and some twenty-five attempts before I got in.

(Wrexham North exchange)

It got so bad that I tried ringing Support...not something I'd want to do again - all those ruddy menus! I gave up after the third time round the roundabout and just sat it out. :roll:
bj
Grafter

I rang CS too. On my third attempt I found somewhere to leave a message. Nobody got back to me.

That phone system sucks.
N/A

Im getting sick of the sight of my own posts Wink but here we go again........Within two hours of getting one problem sorted (Ridiculous Pings......thanks for sorting that out Carl)We seem to be back to connection dropping again tonight. 11.40pm dont know how long for...got fed up waiting....anyone else?
Something got to be up....thats twice this week on a connection that is usualy solid for months at a time.
N/A

It got so bad that I tried ringing Support...not something I'd want to do again - all those ruddy menus! I gave up after the third time round the roundabout and just sat it out. :roll:

It makes you want to spit doesn't it? Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

BT are doing doing some maintenance work on one of our central pipes tonight:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1157467057.htm

which is why the connections would have dropped around midnight. One of the network guys is speaking with BT right now to see why some people weren't able to immediately reconnect.
willhome
Grafter

can you not explain the drop on monday??

i also dropped around 7:10pm and got connection again around 7:35pm

as said in my other post. whats odd is i use to sync at 6000ish kbps but now im syncing at 8128kbps. If they was doing maintenance monday as well. is it posible that the line is stronger now and i can get better sync and more stable line meaning better speeds?
gollum
Grafter

As a postscript to the problems with establishing connections on Monday and Tuesday this week I can report that I have now had a solid connection for 48 hours. This after 36 hours of very intermittent connection.

I am no nearer to discovering what caused the problem but have ruled out all my end point equipment. So whether it was a BT problem or a Plusnet one I do not know. I just hope that there is no reoccurrence.

I am in the fortunate position that I am able to convert an ISDN line to an ADSL one (something I should have done long ago on cost grounds) and am looking for a PAYG service from a different supplier to use as a back up to my primary ADSL line. Sad to say that I have become so dependent on broadband that I can not be without a service for a whole day. Perhaps I should just get a life!