cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I be moved back to a non LLU connection?

N/A

As the title says really...

Could PlusNet move me back to my previous stable 2mb connection and off of my feeble asthmatic Tiscali LLU? What would this involve?

:?:
13 REPLIES
pushbikes-uk
Grafter

I would like to be moved back too.

I really can't stand these disconnects have just had another one lasting 10 minutes.
N/A

I asked them and they said it would not be possible
winnipeg1823
Grafter

it is possible because I am being moved back this week. However that is as a result of weeks with no ADSL, not the odd five minutes.
N/A

It's possible, but it costs Plusnet something like £47 or something for each customer wishing to move back to BT, so they of course don't want to do it.

My previous connection was a fixed 2Mb service, super stable, low pings, no packet loss. Now it's a flakey 10Kb - 5Mb service, disconnections of upto 8 hours are common, pings are high and I get regular packet loss. It never drops the sync in either case though, and I have good SNR figures.

So of course, I'd much appreciate being moved back to BT. Specially considering I didn't even know anything about LLU until it had already happened and I visited the forums to see what the "alternative broadband supplier" was.
N/A

Winnipeg, how did you get them to do it? I've asked repeatedly with no success.
monty
Grafter

I opted out of the LLU thing, but +net strike again and totally ignored my request.

I did have a good 3-5meg connection no disconnect problems.

I now have daily disconnects, my connection is all over the place and my stable rate cannot become stable because of the disconnections.

Well Done plusnet. I think you should employ Spock as maybe with a final front EAR, customer requests might be heard ...
N/A

I was upgraded with no warning and the service has been down the toilet ever since. I've just asked to be moved back to IPstream. If they say it's not possible, I will be ceasing my connection with PlusNet and moving ISP.
N/A

Ditto. Plusnet have really messed up getting involved with the muppets at Tiscalli. Do they really need any more bad press?

But anyway. Tiscalli LLU - horrible. I just want to get a MAC code or go back to BT.

So what exactly do I have to do? Does Sky broadband accept a LLU MAC code?
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Merrony, and others. I was moved to LLU in April, prior to any opt out option, and not told basic things like the inability to move ISP once on LLU.

I have had four major losses of ADSL and kept asking for a move back. It was not until one of the agents who comes on this forum got involved, and pushed for a move back to BT, did anything get done.

It appears that I could be moved because I was not told the downside of moving, or given the option to opt out. If this applies to you then I would push for a move if you want one.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

think I,ve been moved, speed up from 448 to 1.15 No confirmation received but I guess thats why the speed has jumped. If so its been a move with no loss of service. Fingers crossed that this solves the problems
N/A

I opted out of the LLU thing, but +net strike again and totally ignored my request.

I did have a good 3-5meg connection no disconnect problems.

I now have daily disconnects, my connection is all over the place and my stable rate cannot become stable because of the disconnections.

Well Done plusnet. I think you should employ Spock as maybe with a final front EAR, customer requests might be heard ...

Same here, I know I opted out, but PN said they funnily had no record of it :roll:

I have noticed more and more disconnects recently aswell, it wasnt this bad to start with.

Its a crap service that PN are not willing to resolve. I'm taking my money elsewhere, I suggest you do the same!
N/A

I have asked for a move several times but have been given the runaround.

In fact just been told

"we believe as you've waited this long [25 days with NO BB connection] it really would be better to just get it resolved, LLU, alot more stable and quicker when its actually up and running its tends to just be the getting it working in the first place thats the hard part. Also it takes around 14 days to migrate you back during which time we would hope it would be working by anyway."

Do I take that as a "no"? I did of course first ask to be migrated back 14 days ago, so would presumbly now have a working BB line.

I've now asked for a yes or no answer and will be chasing every day until I get it; in any case I will not wait beyond a month, which is rapidly approaching. Assuming not fixed by then I will of course be asking for a waiver of notice period and reimbursement of service charges.
monty
Grafter

I have some screen prints of when i filled out the opt out thing.