cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of reporting fault

N/A

Cost of reporting fault

I have recently experienced a problem where LCP drops on my router. Its a Netgear DG834G.

Following the F9 support links, I have checked the exchange records, answered a few questions and then told if fault is not on BTs end but mine, I will be charged about £ 50.

Is this a reciprical arrangement, so if fault is with BT then they pay me £ 50 ? Perhaps someone at F9 can comment.

I must admit I am hesitant to report official problem due to charge, even though its all worked OK for over a year and nothing my end has changed (apart from upgrade to 2mb in August).

The actual symptoms happened at the end of September for 2 days, but now since beginning of November, it is a regular occurrance. For a period of about 2-3 hours, LCP drops regularly, randomly between 9 minute to 60 minute intervals. When LCP goes down, it reconnects and I see CHAP authentication within 12 seconds.

This interrupts a variety of online experiences, such as browsing, outlook express times out when accessing mailbox, online games get disconnected etc.

...Just thinking now on how to spend my £50 reward....
3 REPLIES
N/A

Cost of reporting fault

Is this a reciprical arrangement, so if fault is with BT then they pay me £ 50 ? Perhaps someone at F9 can comment.

no chance in hell getting 50 quid off BT!!! never in a million years!!
N/A

Cost of reporting fault

I would hang fire on reporting a fault. F9/ +Net reported that they were having problems with customers, specifically with Netgear routers, and dropped connections. I would suggest giving Dave a PM or raising a ticket and asking if the problem has yet been resolved.

Regards

Mark
JonathanW
Grafter

Cost of reporting fault

Hi,

We have had some issues with dropping connections recently, and it is being worked on at the moment. Full information is available on the service status pages, and the resolution will be announce this way as well.