cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual disconnection is causing me to see red

N/A

Right, my service has gone down every single night for the last 2 weeks. I have had enough.

So I want to raise a ticket for adls connection problems, however when you go to do that they say that I mighthave to pay 55 quid admin charge 'depending on how I answer the trouble shooter questions'

Well surprise surprise i gave up, just like plusnet want me to, and you too.

Of course I could call and wait on hold for 30 minutes. I am sick of this and really very disappointed with plus net. Even bulldog provided a stable connection.
35 REPLIES
Community Veteran

there have been problems recently with a BTw error page. Is this what you are getting or are you losing sync?

The £55 admin charge you refer to is if levied by BT if they send an engineer out who finds your equipment to be at fault, if you answer all the questions truthfully you will not be charged this.
passer
Grafter

There are various threads discussing this issue, with some very helpful information from paygo, and lots of theories. It looks as though the problem is affecting users from all over, so on balance it's unlikely to be a BT thing. Logically then it would seem likely to be a Plusnet thing. I am struck by the lack of input from any of the Plusnet support staff within the threads - they are not usually so reticent when forum regulars start a major finger-pointing exercise. Is this silence indicative of an unwillingness to share something with us, perhaps? If they are messing with their systems, I wouldn't actually mind. After all, maintenance has to happen, and things do break. It would be polite to let us know, though, even if it is unscheduled activity. Hello, CS - anybody there?
N/A

Ya i'm getting the BT wholesale page a lot too....
N/A

sometimes i get the page sometimes not, sometimes my internet light is on, sometimes not, one thing which happens every night is disconnections however.

I dont want to raise a ticket when it warns me ill have to pay 55 quid for saying the wrong thing, they mention an admin charge, they dont say from whom. Awful.
N/A

Could someone take a screen print of this wonderful BT wholesale page, and upload it, I would like to see what I am signing up for - :lol:
N/A

Could someone take a screen print of this wonderful BT wholesale page, and upload it, I would like to see what I am signing up for - :lol:

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bt5sc.jpg

I save this over a week ago. I think they're complaining about the same thing.
Community Veteran

or just go to http://194.74.65.98/
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

No posts from + Net Cust Spt on ADSL issues

[Come back Ian Wild I say; perhaps he saw writing on the wall/screen!

quote="gibsonk"]Ya i'm getting the BT wholesale page a lot too....
LiamM
Grafter

You can get around seeing the BTw page by manually specifying Plusnet's DNS servers and not accepting the ones assigned to you when you connect.
N/A

Connection problems here too

I've only been noticing it since the 3rd, but the connection goes down every three hours or so and usually takes around half an hour before it can get a successful connection again.

This isn't acceptable.
N/A

Hi egyptus,

Welcome to the forums.

Quick question.

When your connection goes down does your router / modem lose synch or do you get the BT Wholesale page?
N/A

Hi,

The modem lose sync. According to the logs it is just a broken connection.
N/A

Hi,

Disconnects, whereby synch is lost is generally down to your equipment, filters, internal wiring, Line fault or a line which has been provisioned by BT at the wrong speed.

All of these are outside Plus Nets control.

There are a number of steps whaich you can take to identify where the problem lies before raising a support ticket.

The following tutorials may be of help.

ADSL Trouble Shooting
ADSL Wiring and Filters

I hope these are of some help.

You will need to rule out everything your side before BT can investigate.

Let us know how you get on.
N/A

Thanks, I've printed out the pages (currently at work) so I know what to look out for the next time I get disconnected when I'm at home.