cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contention Ratio

N/A

Contention Ratio

Hi,

I am a Premier (Option1) MaxADSL customer paying £21.99 a month, can anyone tell me what is the contention ratio of this product. I was sure it was advertised last year when I joined as having a contention ratio of 30:1...is this still the case?

Thanks

A Smiley
5 REPLIES
N/A

Contention Ratio

At the BT Exchange it is almost certain to be 50:1.
The 30:1 refers to the contention on PN's network, which can be largely irrelevant on a heavily subscribed exchange. Its always the worst ratio that describes that actual contention (think of a funnel - PN is the bigger end at 30:1, but you are at the bottom, with the BT 50:1 between you and PN)

I believe that PN contention is still 30:1 though....

*waits to be corrected*
Dizzley
Grafter

Contention Ratio

I believe that Broadband Premier is a reselling of BT's IPStream which is provided at 50:1 ratio.

I don't know who's getting my 1/50 at peak times Wink now I've been maxed.

Hope This Helps.
shellsong
Grafter

Contention Ratio

BT and PN no longer like to refer to "contention ratios" any more-- I reckon PN's "30:1" went out of the window when 2Mbps became available
N/A

Contention Ratio

Hmmm, the page is still there but without any reference to any figures.
you could well be right (or has demand meant that contention is worse than 50:1 at the minute - hence its not discussed?)
willhome
Grafter

Contention Ratio

i dont think its worse then 50:1.... but 50 people on 512kb on online. or 50 people on 8mb on on line.... the line is like (unlikly due to no one gets all8mb and everyone would have to max out there lines) 16time more full.