cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contention Ratio on new Premier Option 1

N/A

Only been able to find an explanation of what the ratio is, cannot find anything to actually tell me what the figure is.

My old Premier 2mb account used to be 30:1.. is it still the same on the Option 1 account, or is this something else we have lost out onHuh
6 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

The contention won't change. The only changes are the ones which have been advised.

I hope this clears things up. Smiley
avalon
Grafter

The contention ratio may not change, but the definition of the contention ratio might, as they squeeze more users onto the same number of pipes. :lol:

There was a convoluted post some time ago from a rep trying to make us believe that the real contention of something like 100:1 was actually only 30:1 :shock:
N/A

The concept of contention has come to mean little with the way BT and ISP's manage their networks these days. BTW don't sell products based on contention any more and I believe that PlusNet are also in the process of removing all mentions of contention in their product info.
N/A

Itll mean even less when they start to cram even more people on each segment of the 622 pipes.
N/A

And apart from that regardless of what the contention is on PN's network the exchange contention (whether BTw mention or not) is still 50:1 for home and 20:1 for business IPStream.
Community Veteran

BT are trying to move away for contention ratio, and to acceptable speed instead, which are;

2 Mbps
Home 400 kbps
Office 800 kbps

1 Mbps
Home 200 kbps
Office 400 kbps

512 kbps
Home 100 kbps
Office 200 kbps

See http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/acceptablespeeds.htm

Chilly