cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contention Question

N/A

Contention Question

Are 2mb users now on 30:1 contention?

If they are I have to say I have seen no benefit in speed or stability.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Contention Question

You won't see any difference because PN have been running their network at <30:1 contention anyway, even before this announcement..

In anycase at the BT exchange you are still contended at 50:1, it's only within the PN network that you get 30:1and as contention is usually much lower than this figure anyway you are not actually gaining anything.

The 30:1 figure is just a marketing exercise.
N/A

Contention Question

petervaughan is moving up the list of MVMATTMs.

Simon
LiamM
Grafter

Contention Question

MVMATTMs? :shock:
N/A

Contention Question

Just so that I'm clear on this...

Is the proposed +Net 30:1 contention instead of the BT 50:1 contention, or in addition to the BT 50:1 contention??

- Mike
N/A

Contention Question

Liam .....
"MVMATTMs?"

Could be "Most Venerable Mods And Tutorial Team Members" - i.e., Peter's statement that it's just a marketing execise has finally convinced Simon that Peter isn't just repeating the spin, so he is now a revered mod. Smiley

But I supect it's probably
"Marketing Versus Mods And Tutorial Team Members"

Of course, Wink , given Simon's record, it could be
"Me Versus Mods And Tutorial Team Members" :lol:
(Only joking, Simon!)
N/A

Contention Question

Could be "Most Venerable Mods And Tutorial Team Members" - i.e., Peter's statement that it's just a marketing execise has finally convinced Simon that Peter isn't just repeating the spin, so he is now a revered mod. Smiley

Very good, Gordon and almost right. According to my Roget's Thesaurus of Internet Acronyms, Abbreviations and Urban Myths (IAAAUM), the V stands for Valuable.

Simon