cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting support - an easy way?

N/A

Hi there,
I cancelled (or at least thought I did) my PN account back in february, but had problems making the payments for the cancellation fee, and also a reimbursement for a reduction in price of the service that I took advantage of, because of my account.

Apparently PN do NOT take Solo cards - and as this is the only card I have, I cannot make these payments...and so the helpful (yeah right) support guy that rang me up back in Feb told me that I had no other option but to borrow someone elses card to make a payment!
I was not willing to do this ( I shouldn't have to borrow money and will not out of principal), so he told me that for a service I do not use any more, I would keep getting billed, until a debt recovery agency is contacted and they would handle it?! I mean - come on guys, ffs....

so anyways, on the 11th of Feb I receive an email telling me that I have successfully made the payment for migration?! So was that all lies? It have the account reccords to prove that you CAN take payments!

secondly, I keep receiving letters telling me that I still need to make March's payment etc. for my net useage - ok....I stopped using PN early Feb, so how does that work then?

thirdly, every time I login to TRY and contact someone in CS to tell them that they obviously CAN take a solo payment (as my receipeted email tells me...) then why can't they take the reimbursement payment, I get a bl00dy nag screen telling me that I need to make March's payment, and can't get any further into the ticket system.
OK, no biggie - I'll use the phone then...or can I? at 8:30 am this morning, there was already a 30 minute queue, which escalated to over an hour on the 3rd and 4th attempts. I am not going to be waiting that long on an 0845 number...why can't you use 0800 like Demon? oh well, that isn;t the real issue here I guess.

Sooo...to cut a long (and ridiculous) situation short, how can I contact anyone out of CS, or get them to contact me, that doesn't involve :
a) a nag screen that is taking the ****
b) an hour on 0845
c) emails bouncing back to me telling me to use the ticket system (see a) )
8 REPLIES
Rich
Grafter

Try ringing at 6AM - I got through in less than 30 seconds!
N/A

Tickets used to be answered quickly and accurately...
*sighs*
N/A

6am! Shocked des that actually exist? I've heard people talk of it before, but just thought it was a myth!
OK, point taken though - I will try v. early tomorrow
Cheers.
N/A

I maybe wrong here but dont you have the optin of taking to someone from another department, when you are given the options of picking who you talk to ie tech support or sales, try sales, and act dumb, then thay may put you through to the correct dept, worth a try Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

For your information. Plusnet can now take SOLO and have been able to for some time.

Some agents know this, some don't - it would seem. I have a SOLO card associated with one of my accounts and it works fine.
N/A

Time to bang some heads together and send some CSC reps back to school methinks.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

For your information. Plusnet can now take SOLO and have been able to for some time.

Is that for any or only certain types of payment?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Thankyou Liam,
Didn't have time this morning to speak to anyone, but that is great news.
Many thanks,
Andy.