cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Support

Brian_E
Grafter

Contacting Support

I wanted to send a message to the support team this evening but I couldn't find the link. Has it been moved?

The message I wanted to send is as follows (part of an e-mail I have received):-

Dear Mr. Edmunds,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in
responding. This was due to delays within our internal processes, which I can assure
has been resolved.

We would like to inform you that the Plus Net Broadband service is compatible with
Onetel Line Rental service. However, we would suggest you to contact Plus Net to know
whether their Broadband service is compatible with Onetel Line Rental service.
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Contacting Support

Hi,

The link is http://contactus.plus.net or go to Help at the top then Contact Us.

But to answer your question, as far as I know the Onetel service won't cause any problems with your broadband, I believe it's a Carrier Pre-Select service is it not so your line is still with BT.
Community Veteran

Contacting Support

Are onetel nutty? They say PN is compatible then they say to ask PN if PN is compatible.
N/A

Contacting Support

I suppose that as with many things these days, its always better to add some sort of caveat just in case.
They probably know perfectly well that there would be no issue, but they would always prefer someone else to make that promise, so they are completely sure that there would be no comeback.
Community Veteran

Contacting Support

mmm.... but they say it is compatible then say check with plusnet to ensure it's compatible. It would be better to say:

The plusnet ADSL broadband service should be fully compatible with your onetel telephone service but we would advise you to check with plusnet to make doubly sure this is the case.
N/A

Contacting Support

Ah, but now you're assuming that other customer service teams are as dedicated to doing a good job as the PN ones Wink
Perhaps some sort of note could be added to the PN site to say that their services are compatible with such products though, so as to make it easy for other customers to find it out.

Do Onetel have a suggestions/feedback anywhere on their site?
Community Veteran

Contacting Support

dunno
LiamM
Grafter

Contacting Support

This is not CPS. Providers can now offer to take the whole package away including the line rental. I would not recommend doing this, and apparently it has messed up some people's ADSL connections.

Not that I would touch One.Tel either. Funnily enough their Indian branch (the only branch) contacted me today to try and get me to sign up. I told him quite where to stick his service.
Brian_E
Grafter

Contacting Support

Thanks for the comments and assistance guys.

I use One Tel for international calls because they are much cheaper than BT (I just dial an access code). Maybe it's safer to stay with the current system.

By the way, I get a lot of incoming international calls from callers who don't leave a message. It could well be the likes of the One Tel Indian Call Centre.
craigbrass
Grafter

Contacting Support

We are with sky (line still with BT) but never really call outgoing. Just use it for incoming. I use skype for outgoing because of its cheap costs.
janitor
Grafter

Contacting Support

Have been on this for 6 months due to employee benefits but had no problems as it's still a BT line.
N/A

Contacting Support

To try and stop the calls have you registered with the TPS?
I know they can't stop internationally registered companies, but it cut mine down from 10 a day, to around 1 per month.

Register here
Or dial 0800 121 8000 to register (also from www.bt.com)
You can also get free caller display whilst you're at it, as long as you occasionally make some calls with BT.

Could help...