cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Plusnet

Grimbo
Grafter

Contacting Plusnet

I'm having a problem with my broadband and have spent hours trying to contact Plusnet...

I knew it was bad - but I didn't realise it had got this bad!

The automated line is a joke - you listen to a dozen messages and then find yourself in a loop (eventually it just drops the line)

The premium support line just rings and rings without ever being answered

Raising a ticket is now so well hidden amongst "FAQ"s, there should be a prize for finding it.
8 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Contacting Plusnet

If you are having connection problems, then the place to check is http://faults.plus.net as this will run you through the initial diagnostics and then raise a ticket through automatically for further testing on our side.
N/A

Contacting Plusnet

I couldn't work the phone thing, but if you wan tto be ignored online for days instead of listening to a phone ring for hours, then if you pretend you have a billing fault it lets you raise a ticket..

I tried a Ouija board, but the spirit I contacted put me on hold..
Grimbo
Grafter

Contacting Plusnet

I'm sorted now (thanks to Jonathan), but it doesn't lessen the fact that the whole fault reporting thing has now become effectively unuseable.

To a degree, I understand why a company would want to make it difficult to report problems (to dissuade casual fault reporting and make users more likely to use the forums or investigate the issue themselves), but Plusnet have created a real moster here.
N/A

Contacting Plusnet

<If you are having connection problems, then the place to check is http://faults.plus.net as this will run you through the initial diagnostics and then raise a ticket through automatically for further testing on our side.>

Sorry Jon, but the 0845 phone number is a public relations disaster. The OP is quite right, you just go round in circles and never get to speak with anyone.
I've been a customer for a long time and remember when it was possible to telephone PlusNet and actually speak to someone who knew what was what without waiting for hours or clicking through seemingly endless menus. You just used to answer the phone.
Currently my only problem is repeated disconnections from the ADSL service since the upgrade to Max. I don't know if it's my equipment, doubtful as I've replaced the router with no improvement, BT fiddling about, or PlusNet.
I don't feel I have enough time left on this Earth to spend it waiting for you guys to answer the phone, so for the time being I'll live with it.

Up until MaxDSL I had no issues with PlusNet. You were great.
Laugh
Grafter

Contacting Plusnet

I just checked the unique up-to-the-minutes statistics and it says

Call statistics
Average call waiting
12 minutes and 26 seconds
Last updated: July 12, 2006, 9:00 am

Call queue statistics and historical call data graphs will be added to this page soon.

From the posts I'm reading here I don't see this as being rightHuh?Huh
N/A

Contacting Plusnet

From the posts I'm reading here I don't see this as being rightHuh??

Nah, they're a load of rubbish those, the tickets one says 12 hours to closure as well, I've got a couple that are a week old....
N/A

Contacting Plusnet

The connection faults statistics may be more relevant for anyone who does run through the fault wizard.

Target time 7 days.
Average closure time 13 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes and 38 seconds

Even when you do run through the faults wizard, nobody will look at your ticket! Mine came back with a failure but no human has looked at it for the 3 days it has been open.
bluewhale
Grafter

Contacting Plusnet

good grief...

mine failed yday and i too am waitingfor a human to respond...

i have no sync so theres obviously a problem at the exchange and so bt need to be told...

come on plusnet get on with it!!!!