cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Us

essenby
Grafter

Contact Us

I've uploaded to the open ticket all the information you requested on my connection issue. Have you got anywhere in trying to track down the problem? :confused:

B.J.
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Contact Us

> I've uploaded to the open ticket all the information you requested on my connection issue. Have you got anywhere in trying to track down the problem? :confused:
>
> B.J.

Checking for you now...

--
| Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +
N/A

> Checking for you now...
>

I have updated this ticket for you now with further information. I quote my response below for the reference of others...
====================
"It's so difficult to say why 0808 connections are sometimes slower on a one by one basis because your computer connects to hardware that has not been installed by us, setup by us and is not maintained by us. It is fair to expect a higher speed on the 0845 than the FRIACO. It connects via a far more direct route. FRIACO uses a different protocol over the BT IP network and connects to your exchange.

I would honestly (from personal experience) put this down to a line quality problem. You clearly have a new modem (as you state it supports V.92) so you should be achieving more than 40,000 on a direct connection. Anything from 45,000 -> 52,000 would be acceptable on a good quality line. The only problem here is that BT do not accept a line as being 'faulty' unless you can actually hear the noise on it. By this stage, you probably wouldn't get a connection at all!

You need to improve all your connections it would seem and this can only be done by improving the line.

If you really want to investigate this, try your account at a few different locations...e.g on a friends PC...so that you can...i.) try it on someone elses line and ii.) try a different modem.

Come back to us with results. We'll assist as much as we can to resolve this for you."
================

Regards, Techsupport.

--
N/A

Hi BJ,
I've ben off for a couple of days so dont know exact nature of your prob but I've had horrendous connection probs since going back to BT (& plusnet). Keep trying, you'll get there in the end. I've had BT out 4 times, they've changed everything, I've bought a new USR modem, formatted hard drive & reinstalled windows etc. etc & I'm now hoping the probs have gone. If you dont ever see me on the forum again you'll know I'm sailing boats or something similar from now on!
--
Regards,
Mark Henderson.
(thetop)
www.sussexbridalcars.co.uk
essenby
Grafter

> > Checking for you now...
> >
>
> I have updated this ticket for you now with further information. I quote my response below for the reference of others...
> ====================
> "It's so difficult to say why 0808 connections are sometimes slower on a one by one basis because your computer connects to hardware that has not been installed by us, setup by us and is not maintained by us. It is fair to expect a higher speed on the 0845 than the FRIACO. It connects via a far more direct route. FRIACO uses a different protocol over the BT IP network and connects to your exchange.
>
> I would honestly (from personal experience) put this down to a line quality problem. You clearly have a new modem (as you state it supports V.92) so you should be achieving more than 40,000 on a direct connection. Anything from 45,000 -> 52,000 would be acceptable on a good quality line. The only problem here is that BT do not accept a line as being 'faulty' unless you can actually hear the noise on it. By this stage, you probably wouldn't get a connection at all!
>
> You need to improve all your connections it would seem and this can only be done by improving the line.
>
> If you really want to investigate this, try your account at a few different locations...e.g on a friends PC...so that you can...i.) try it on someone elses line and ii.) try a different modem.
>
> Come back to us with results. We'll assist as much as we can to resolve this for you."
> ================
>
> Regards, Techsupport.
>
> --
> | Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
> + ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +

Torsten,

I have just read this on the ticket and updated it with my reply. Essentially,
1. Why did we go through a long drawn out process of you asking for and me providing more and more information if this is a known problem which could have been admitted to 10 days ago?
2. What is my next step? Iv'e just connected this am at 09:30 and with NOTHING else in my system the line speed is again down to 14,400.
N/A

> > > Checking for you now...
> > >
> >
> > I have updated this ticket for you now with further information. I quote my response below for the reference of others...
> > ====================
> > "It's so difficult to say why 0808 connections are sometimes slower on a one by one basis because your computer connects to hardware that has not been installed by us, setup by us and is not maintained by us. It is fair to expect a higher speed on the 0845 than the FRIACO. It connects via a far more direct route. FRIACO uses a different protocol over the BT IP network and connects to your exchange.
> >
> > I would honestly (from personal experience) put this down to a line quality problem. You clearly have a new modem (as you state it supports V.92) so you should be achieving more than 40,000 on a direct connection. Anything from 45,000 -> 52,000 would be acceptable on a good quality line. The only problem here is that BT do not accept a line as being 'faulty' unless you can actually hear the noise on it. By this stage, you probably wouldn't get a connection at all!
> >
> > You need to improve all your connections it would seem and this can only be done by improving the line.
> >
> > If you really want to investigate this, try your account at a few different locations...e.g on a friends PC...so that you can...i.) try it on someone elses line and ii.) try a different modem.
> >
> > Come back to us with results. We'll assist as much as we can to resolve this for you."
> > ================
> >
> > Regards, Techsupport.
> >
> > --
> > | Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > | Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
> > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
> > + ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +
>
> Torsten,
>
> I have just read this on the ticket and updated it with my reply. Essentially,
> 1. Why did we go through a long drawn out process of you asking for and me providing more and more information if this is a known problem which could have been admitted to 10 days ago?
> 2. What is my next step? Iv'e just connected this am at 09:30 and with NOTHING else in my system the line speed is again down to 14,400.
>

Dear Sir,
We have escalated this problem to BT for investigation, and we hope to have a resolution within 48 hours.
Regards

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
N/A

> Dear Sir,
> We have escalated this problem to BT for investigation, and we hope to have a resolution within 48 hours.

Hope you get an answer as I'm still waiting for a promised call back from last week!!!

--
Regards,
Mark Henderson.
(thetop)
www.sussexbridalcars.co.uk
essenby
Grafter

>
> Dear Sir,
> We have escalated this problem to BT for investigation, and we hope to have a resolution within 48 hours.
> Regards
>
> --
> | Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
> + ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
>

Dear Daniel,

I've just read the ticket update which seems to suggest DigiBox interference. I though this as well untill yesterday, and again today, when the connection speed was down to a palty 14,400 AGAIN!, with NOTHING only my modem connected to the phone line - as stated above!

I sincerely hope BT do NOT suggest the DigiBox as the source of the problem!

Regards,

B.J.
essenby
Grafter

>
> Dear Sir,
> Regards
>
> --
>

Dear Daniel,

I've just read the ticket update which seems to suggest DigiBox interference. I though this as well untill yesterday, and again today, when the connection speed was down to a palty 14,400 AGAIN!, with NOTHING only my modem connected to the phone line - as stated above!

I sincerely hope BT do NOT suggest the DigiBox as the source of the problem!

Regards,

B.J.
N/A

> Dear Daniel,
>
> I've just read the ticket update which seems to suggest DigiBox interference. I though this as well untill yesterday, and again today, when the connection speed was down to a palty 14,400 AGAIN!, with NOTHING only my modem connected to the phone line - as stated above!
>
> I sincerely hope BT do NOT suggest the DigiBox as the source of the problem!
>
> Regards,
>
> B.J.
Hi,
As the members of staff who post in this forum are also, in the main, the ones who handle the support calls to BT, there is no real benefit by posting your response to a ticket here.
If you are not satisifed with a reply to a ticket, then you can update it, and it will be sent back to the group for further actioning.
As it is myself monitoring this group tonight, I will be the one to action your ticket, and will do so when it returns to my pool. In the last response, it was myself who wrote that, and was simply relaying what came from BT. I will be taking this back up with them for you.
Regards

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
essenby
Grafter

> Hi,
> As the members of staff who post in this forum are also, in the main, the ones who handle the support calls to BT, there is no real benefit by posting your response to a ticket here.
> If you are not satisifed with a reply to a ticket, then you can update it, and it will be sent back to the group for further actioning.
> As it is myself monitoring this group tonight, I will be the one to action your ticket, and will do so when it returns to my pool. In the last response, it was myself who wrote that, and was simply relaying what came from BT. I will be taking this back up with them for you.
> Regards
>
> --

Thanks Daniel. Sorry if I've breached protocol but I was concerened that I had not passed on the info to the correct people.

Once again thanks for your attention and I'll look forward to BT's suggestions and a speedy resolution to my problem

B.J.
N/A

> I've just read the ticket update which seems to suggest DigiBox interference. I though this as well untill yesterday, and again today, when the connection speed was down to a palty 14,400 AGAIN!, with NOTHING only my modem connected to the phone line - as stated above!
>
> I sincerely hope BT do NOT suggest the DigiBox as the source of the problem!
>

Hi,

I have passed this back into our pool for chasing ASAP. I am about to contact BT right away. I'll let you know if they have any further news.

Regards, Torsten.

--
N/A

I'll let you know if they have any further news.
>

Hi,

I'm going to have to follow this up with Dan when he comes in. There's mention of a Digibox here. If you are running tests, please ensure the computer has a straight run into the main phone socket. Try to avoid the use of double adapters and extension leads.

Though this may sound a little unprofessional, I'm going to quote personal experience here again (as I did in your ticket). I previously had a setup whereaby with a direct connection I could achieve 49,000bps...with a double adapter and a phone plugged in, I was lucky to connect at all and could obtain no more than 26,000bps.

It used to annoy me having to disconnect and reconnect the line when needed but it solved many problems.

Just so you know Smiley

Regards, Torsten.

--
essenby
Grafter

> I'll let you know if they have any further news.
> >
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to have to follow this up with Dan when he comes in. There's mention of a Digibox here. If you are running tests, please ensure the computer has a straight run into the main phone socket. Try to avoid the use of double adapters and extension leads.
>
> Though this may sound a little unprofessional, I'm going to quote personal experience here again (as I did in your ticket). I previously had a setup whereaby with a direct connection I could achieve 49,000bps...with a double adapter and a phone plugged in, I was lucky to connect at all and could obtain no more than 26,000bps.
>
> It used to annoy me having to disconnect and reconnect the line when needed but it solved many problems.
>
> Just so you know Smiley
>
> Regards, Torsten.
>
> --
> | Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
> + ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +

Thanks Torsten but my experiments with removing connections were inconclusive. At one point, just diconnecting the DigiBox (which is now permanently out!) gave me an increase in sline speed. But just recently, with nothing els connected I still only got 14,400. To my uneducated eye this would suggest that whilst my house set up has an effect, there are external factors which have more influence.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

B.J.
N/A

Hi,

Thanks for the further info. We will continue to chase this problem for you.

Regards
--
| Robert Kelly..........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Business Support ..............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----