cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Contact Us' Ticket backlog

N/A

'Contact Us' Ticket backlog

Is it possible that you could give us a rough indication of how long the backlog is? I appreciate that issues take a variable amount of time to deal with but even a "We've got 3500 tickets in the queue" would go some way to easing the current frustration.

It is *not* helpful just to say "We've got a backlog" and yet still 'advertise' that it's taking 1 to 1.5 hours to get out first responses on your statistics pages.

My own (billing problem) ticket has been undealt with for over 35 hours now and I believe others have waited much longer. Now is the time to admit that "We've got a problem and it's going to take a LONG time to sort it out". You might even find that this helps as there must be a significant number of unecessary "Why haven't you dealt with ticket xyz yet" in the system... (Hand up - I was guilty of adding to my ticket until I realised that this was only adding to the problem)

Regards,

Peter Watson

7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 'Contact Us' Ticket backlog

> Is it possible that you could give us a rough indication of how long the backlog is? I appreciate that issues take a variable amount of time to deal with but even a "We've got 3500 tickets in the queue" would go some way to easing the current frustration.

There are approximately 650 tickets in the various Customer Support ticket pools

The problem is that the system calculates the response time based on all ticket groups. The tickets raised on the postal all go into a default pool, agents deal with these by sending them to the best staff to deal with them.
Internal raise tickets go to a separate pool, along with customer raised issues that have been sent back from other departments.

The biggest problem is that we deal with the issue on the account, then close the other tickets opened exactly as you described, which takes time to deal with.

Please be reassured that we are dealing with this as best we can.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

> > Is it possible that you could give us a rough indication of how long the backlog is? I appreciate that issues take a variable amount of time to deal with but even a "We've got 3500 tickets in the queue" would go some way to easing the current frustration.
>
> There are approximately 650 tickets in the various Customer Support ticket pools
>
> The problem is that the system calculates the response time based on all ticket groups. The tickets raised on the postal all go into a default pool, agents deal with these by sending them to the best staff to deal with them.
> Internal raise tickets go to a separate pool, along with customer raised issues that have been sent back from other departments.
>
> The biggest problem is that we deal with the issue on the account, then close the other tickets opened exactly as you described, which takes time to deal with.
>
> Please be reassured that we are dealing with this as best we can.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Duncan
> --
>
I think you've missed the point here - Explaining *why* the statistics are wrong doesn't help us, the users! The response times quotes are clearly way off the mark so either:

a) Remove them
b) Modify the page with them on to reflect the state that they are currently innacurate

A lot of the current frustration is caused by the incorrect expectation that our problems will be addressed in about an hour.

It's now 48 hours since I posted my own problem and I'm no closer to finding out *when* my issue may actually be read let alone resolved.

Peter
N/A

I also have a billing problem that has not been responded to for the last 23 - 24 hours now. I don't understand what is so difficult with billing, Either there is a mistake, in which case they should rectify it, or there isn't and they should let us know why.

My Ticket number is: 4826627 incase anyone is support is reading.

Steve
N/A

Our ticketing team are handling tickets at the moment. As soon as they can, they will get to and answer yours.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Our ticketing team are handling tickets at the moment. As soon as they can, they will get to and answer yours.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
Kevin,

Please read what I wrote at the start of this thread. Your reply is *exactly* what I'm on about. You acknowledge a problem but offer *no* useful information as to how the backlog is progressing and when tickets are likely to be read...

N/A

> > Our ticketing team are handling tickets at the moment. As soon as they can, they will get to and answer yours.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > --
> Kevin,
>
> Please read what I wrote at the start of this thread. Your reply is *exactly* what I'm on about. You acknowledge a problem but offer *no* useful information as to how the backlog is progressing and when tickets are likely to be read...
>
>
For reference, current customer 'expectation' of an initial response is 9 minutes!
N/A

> For reference, current customer 'expectation' of an initial response is 9 minutes!
Hi there,
I totally understand where you're coming from - I'll raise an idea regarding number of tickets in the pool / rate of closure as we speak.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----