cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections?

N/A

Constant disconnections?

Anyone else experiencing constant disconnections?

My router's being cut off every 5 mins or so, then re-connects 30 seconds later.

It's happened 4 times in the past half hour or so...
29 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

Constant disconnections?

solid and stable here
"touch wood"
N/A

Constant disconnections?

Same here, solid, must be your exchange.
N/A

Constant disconnections?

Not having any problems here, but it could be many things, not just the exchange.
If you could give as many details of any logs from the router, any patterns to the disconnects and info such as the exchange you are on, and account-type, gateway and realm you're connecting to that may help.
csogilvie
Grafter

Constant disconnections?

Could be the weather as well...
N/A

Re: Constant disconnections?

Anyone else experiencing constant disconnections?

My router's being cut off every 5 mins or so, then re-connects 30 seconds later.

It's happened 4 times in the past half hour or so...

i have been having this problem now for 8 days

bt says it +net's fault

+net say its bt's fault
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Constant disconnections?

Hi,

I don't see any problems showing up on any of the monitoring. I'd suggest running through

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

and

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

and see if anything there helps. If not raise it to us via the automated fault tool on the portal and the fault guys will look into it.
N/A

Constant disconnections?

i have done everything under the sun my friend even bought new modem and filters

i have logged a ticket and phoned cs numerus times mostly getting an engaged tone

as i say this is my 8th day of problems
N/A

Constant disconnections?

I have the same problems that you have described and they have been going on for around 3 months now. I did have a Linksys WAG54G which everyone said was a little quirky so two weeks ago I changed it for a Phillips Wireless Base Station.

I still have the same issues, thoug they are so intermittant I can't pin them down (at least not enough to make a sensible fault call.)

Today (Sunday 12th March) I have been disconnected (all DSL lights go off) roughly every 30 minutes since around 5pm) - other days I can be online all day (I work from home) and I don't get a single disconnection.

Very annoying and being I have changed the hardware now, I'm convinced it is a BT or PlusNet problem.
N/A

Constant disconnections?

Exactly the same thing happening here.....
been doing it for the last week.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Constant disconnections?

i have logged a ticket and phoned cs numerus times mostly getting an engaged tone

Which number are you calling, the number of calls today has been lower than during the week

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

so I'm concerned if the number's been engaged today.

The ticket though will be looked at by the faults guys who'll run some remote testing and see if they can find the cause.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Constant disconnections?

Very annoying and being I have changed the hardware now, I'm convinced it is a BT or PlusNet problem.

Best thing to do is run through the links I posted above and see if anything helps, if not or you've already tried it raise it via our automated fault tool and the faults guys will run some remote testing to see if there's any problems showing up.
N/A

Constant disconnections?

I've been experiencing the same thing too ... it started a few months back, where I was given the usual guff about trying new hardware, plugging straight into the master socket, unwiring my burglar alarm, etc.

What Plusnet seem to fail to comprehend is that, we, the paying customers, tend to buy equipment, plug it in and NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN while it works.

On the flip side, Plusnet seem to have the fantastic ability to mess around, re-allocating customers onto new networks, use traffic shapers, add gateways, kill gateways, etc ... all of which seem to break our accounts.

THEN they have the barefaced cheek to threaten you with a fine from BT if you don't prove that the fault isn't yours ... costing me money each time ...

Well, after THREE AND A HALF years of perfectly good service, they sent me out to buy a new router ... which I did at my own expense, and lo and behold it still doesn't work.

So I tried all their requests, unwiring everything (including getting the burglar alarm disconnected) and plugged my router directly in to the master socket. I've even had a BT bloke come and check my wiring so I know it isn't me ... the connection stayed up for 2.5 minutes before PPP dropout occurred again.

Strangely, when I raised a ticket with Plusnet and asked for this to be escalated (if they're sure it's not them at fault) I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING IN A WEEK.

This isn't just poor service ... they're really working hard at being this crap.
N/A

Constant disconnections?

Tell me about it, they are a useless cunch of bunts.

oh why o why do I still pay +net my money?
N/A

Constant disconnections?

Which number are you calling, the number of calls today has been lower than during the week

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

so I'm concerned if the number's been engaged today.

The ticket though will be looked at by the faults guys who'll run some remote testing and see if they can find the cause.

i rang on either wednesday or thursday evening

raised connection fault ticket at the same time

i have been getting bounced back and forth between you and british telecomm