cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection trouble...

N/A

Connection trouble...

Hi,

This doesn't matter now lol, prob just an issue with the router, perhaps need to invest in a better router.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Connection trouble...

hi rogerdean,

I dont think F9 will disconnect us for any reason unless they have to disconnect all users from a pipe/router (for reboots/aintenance) but you will generally always be able to reconnect immediately.

As for PPPoE, I didnt think we used that protocol at all? Not really up to answering that one though!

Are you a residential customer? If you are I strongly recommend you ask to be put on the £21.99 package which is exactly the same. The only difference down the line is that when 4mbit/8mbit comes out (this isnt going to happen any time soon on BT) you will get the upgrade for free as you are already paying for that service. However I dont think the upgrade fee is going to be any more than the amount you will save every month (will probably be 14.99 if trends continue, but dont hold me to that), and its going to be some months yet before we get any faster than 2mbit on BT!

Hope that helps

Jarv
N/A

Connection trouble...

sorry about that just realised that we are not actually using that connection type. So it could be the router Sad

The £21.99 is the same as the current connection we are on then? May well concider changing down, although I don't want to downgrade only to find there is some limit or something we haven't seen.
N/A

Connection trouble...

There are no limits as such (same with your current residential account) however now with all accounts (past and present) if you use excessive bandwidth then you may get a phone call about it. I have heard that excessive bandwidth is using more than a fith of the total available bandwidth ... which on 2mbits is over 135GB including upload bandwidth. The contracted 'contention' is a 30th (which has actually more than you used to get with the old contracts - they were a 50th).

Of course you could do with someone from the comms team confirming all this, as all I can do is tell you to the best of my knowledge and how I understand it Smiley

Bob, Dave, Luke any suggestions/clarifications?

Jarv
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Connection trouble...

Hi Jarv,

I think that sums it up pretty well. Not sure I could really say any better.