cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

N/A

Connection problems

Is it only my connection that's not working or are there problems with the PlusNet servers again?

I'm using dial up to post this...
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Connection problems

Mine's fine. What exactly is the problem?
N/A

Connection problems

I have no connection today either. Are you on the Purley Exchange?
N/A

Connection problems

My connection has gone to the dogs since they changed me to MAX DSL most times I have to switch the modem on and off about six times before it connects but also the noise margin has dropped t0 1.9db making the connection very hit or miss
James
Grafter

Connection problems

Hi christrenfield,

Have you tried changing your filters and wiring straight into the master socket? This may help to improve your noise margin if you haven't already done so.
N/A

Connection problems

Daniel the router won't connect, my Dynamode adsl modem won't connect but my dial up connection does work, hence this reply.

I have tried phoning support but got the standard reply, nothing showing here go to faults. I waited on the phone for over 20 minutes and no reply.

If I'm able to connect with my dial up connection and not with my router or modem then it has to be a fault at PlusNet land surely?

I'm not on the Purley Exchange grado.

On another note Daniel, did you know Plusnetters is down?
James
Grafter

Connection problems

PlusNetters is fixed now.

The fact that you can connect with your dial up modem and not your router **ONLY** suggestions that authentication is working fine.

It could be your router, it could be your wiring, it could be your telephone line, it could be the exchange. I would strongly suggest trying to using the test socket behind the master faceplate and trying different filters first. Trying to use another modem or router is possible would also be extremely beneficial.
N/A

Connection problems

I have tried my Dynamode modem James and that won't connect me either. I can't get another router.
James
Grafter

Connection problems

Hi again,

I'm guessing that the Dynamode modem is an ADSL one? Did you try the filtering and wiring suggestions from my last post?
N/A

Connection problems

Yes, I took everything downstairs and plugged into the connection box behind the face plate.

I tried my router again, no joy, then I tried my adsl dynamode usb modem, again no joy. I changed filters around and that didn't make any difference.

So I'm now without a broadband connection.

Is there any way you could ping me or something like that to see if the problem is at your end James?
James
Grafter

Connection problems

According to my line test, you've been connected for the last 4 weeks. Can you disconnect your router for an hour and then try reconnecting? It's possible that it's a stale session.
N/A

Connection problems

That's odd because I have been talking to Chr*s at faults, and he said there's been no record of me being on-line for over a week; fault Q20832920.

I have noticed that my VMBU isn't showing any usage since the start of my new billing month. Perhaps I've had my account closed.

I have had the router and phone line off for over an hour before I contacted PlusNet support. I was told to leave my router on so that he could do some tests.

How come you can see I have been connected for four weeks and the person on faults has no recored of me being on-line? :?
James
Grafter

Connection problems

I don't know which system they are using. I'm going directly through BT's Woosh Suite which says:

LOGIN STARTED DURATION
THEATTIC@PLUSDSL.NET 14:17:58 09-11-06 24:10:23:23
N/A

Connection problems

Strange; why does my VMBU show no usage. I'm not disputing that I have been connected because I was, it's just that he couldn't see, from where he was, when I was last connected.

Would it be something to do with the VMBU tool do you think?

The ticket number is:

fault Q20832920.
James
Grafter

Connection problems

I'm afriad that I have absolutely no idea why your VMBU is not reporting any data. Regarding the loss of connection, is it possible that you have tried using your login details at a different location at all? Are you trying to connect to Broadband whilst connected using the dialup connection at the same time.